The Student Room Group

Higher Graphic Communication 2017/2018

I haven't seen another higher Graphic Communication thread for this session so I thought I'd start one:biggrin:

Has everyone else started the assignment? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Yes! I just got my mark back the other day 68/70!!!! How did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by kierapotato
Yes! I just got my mark back the other day 68/70!!!! How did you do?
wow congrats! Our school won’t tell us our marks until after the exam
yeah I know how that feels lol I practically had to beg my teacher. I'm also the only one doing higher this year since it's the first year my school is teaching it Lol, so like I was so freaking happy when I got my mark
Reply 4
yeah I know how that feels lol I practically had to beg my teacher. I'm also the only one doing higher this year since it's the first year my school is teaching it Lol, so like I was so freaking happy when I got my mark
Only one doing higher? That’s so weird, I’m in a class of about 20, but my school has taught graph comm for ages. How are you feeling about the exam?
I'm feeling pretty okay about the exam. hoping that there's no true shape or surface development that you need to draw though. You?
Reply 6
I'm feeling pretty okay about the exam. hoping that there's no true shape or surface development that you need to draw though. You?
not looking forward to the CAD questions in general, but I think I’m okay for DTP
CAD is like my favourite tbh, I like DTP but I usually don't get the mark for relating it back to the question
Reply 8
I was just wondering, what have you guys been studying for the higher graphics written exam?
Reply 9
Mostly standards and conventions, I’m also trying to revise those questions that are ask about the advantages/ disadvantages to cloud storage etc.
Reply 10
Original post by Glammow
Mostly standards and conventions, I’m also trying to revise those questions that are ask about the advantages/ disadvantages to cloud storage etc.

Ahh ok, nice. I feel like there is not much to revise. :3
Reply 11
Original post by KatCh4n
Ahh ok, nice. I feel like there is not much to revise. :3

Same, which is what worries me because I feel like there should be more than what I have been taught.

Also, are there any good online resources specifically for higher gc? My school only has one up to date textbook and it's lacking in many specific details about the conventions.
Reply 12
Original post by Callen
Same, which is what worries me because I feel like there should be more than what I have been taught.

Also, are there any good online resources specifically for higher gc? My school only has one up to date textbook and it's lacking in many specific details about the conventions.

Yeah, I feel slightly unprepared too but I'm not too worried because I want to focus on English to be honest. Have you tried the sqa website for notes and conventions?
Hope the exam goes well for you all tomorrow :smile:
Reply 14
What do you think will come up tomorrow?
Reply 15
Original post by Labrador99
Hope the exam goes well for you all tomorrow :smile:

Thank you :3 I hope it goes well for everyone too. :smile:
Reply 16
Thoughts about the exam?
Original post by Glammow
Thoughts about the exam?

It was ok, some things I’d never heard of though. What about you?
That first CAD modelling question was lethal, defenitley should have been worth more than 4 marks
Reply 19
I struggled with the CAD modelling questions but I think everything else went okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending