The Student Room Group

CIE As History

Did anyone else take the CIE as history paper 1 this morning?? What option did you do?? How did you find it???
Original post by bellyyyy
Did anyone else take the CIE as history paper 1 this morning?? What option did you do?? How did you find it???

I did the international option on the Manchuria crisis. I thought it was actually really good. I wish I had had a bit more time because I do think I didn’t write enough for part b 😩
Reply 2
Original post by glittergorl
I did the international option on the Manchuria crisis. I thought it was actually really good. I wish I had had a bit more time because I do think I didn’t write enough for part b 😩

yep i did that one too! I was quite relieved tbh as the sources seemed a bit too nice! I almost ran out of time so didnt write that much for b either! I also found sources C and D quite hard to evaluate but on the whole not too bad
are you taking the second paper on monday?
Yeah the questions were actually fairly straightforward and the sources aligned neatly?? Not how I recall it from the last time I did AS History (I’m redoing them). I found Source C hard to evaluate as well but Source D was better but still tricky because it was a VERY deiplomstic statement and I didn’t have enough time to analyze and read it as thoroughly as i would have liked.

Yes Paper 2 on Monday. International option again 🤧 a lot to study. Which one are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by glittergorl
Yeah the questions were actually fairly straightforward and the sources aligned neatly?? Not how I recall it from the last time I did AS History (I’m redoing them). I found Source C hard to evaluate as well but Source D was better but still tricky because it was a VERY deiplomstic statement and I didn’t have enough time to analyze and read it as thoroughly as i would have liked.

Yes Paper 2 on Monday. International option again 🤧 a lot to study. Which one are you doing?

Yep completely agree! hopefully its all okay tho! how come your retaking them, if you dont mind me asking? Ahh i'm doing the European option..French revolution and Origins of WW1! Hows your essay technique for paper 2?? as i find that the hardest?? Also are you dong paper 3 and 4 this year too?
Reply 5
I did the international option too. Question A was fairy straightforward I was surprised but happy and B I also ran out of time for my conclusion. I found it difficult to evaluate C too. For D I said that whilst the writer is acquainted with international law, and holds an objective view rather than the isolated view of Japan and China, his claims were not supported by contextual knowledge? I don't know about the last part but i justified it by saying that the Leagues actions were not in line with international law as if they were, military sanctions and economic sanctions under article 16 would have been put in place. For D I ran out of time and said something like Japan was clearly the aggressor etc ...
Original post by eloucaaa
I did the international option too. Question A was fairy straightforward I was surprised but happy and B I also ran out of time for my conclusion. I found it difficult to evaluate C too. For D I said that whilst the writer is acquainted with international law, and holds an objective view rather than the isolated view of Japan and China, his claims were not supported by contextual knowledge? I don't know about the last part but i justified it by saying that the Leagues actions were not in line with international law as if they were, military sanctions and economic sanctions under article 16 would have been put in place. For D I ran out of time and said something like Japan was clearly the aggressor etc ...

Omg this is such a sophisticated answer haha. Mine looks like complete bs next to yours hahahah sheesh
Yep completely agree! hopefully its all okay tho! how come your retaking them, if you dont mind me asking? Ahh i'm doing the European option..French revolution and Origins of WW1! Hows your essay technique for paper 2?? as i find that the hardest?? Also are you dong paper 3 and 4 this year too?

Aah I did AS in 2015 already then moved to another country and tried to get into the school system there but that didn’t really work out so three years later and here I am doing AS and A2. I started them last May though so I’ve been doing that for a year.

Tbh my essay technique is probably complete shite but I’ll be sure to find some examiners reports or something and tips and whatever before heading in so I can incorporate it just before the exam and don’t forget. Yep doing paper 3 and 4 this summer too 🤧 along with AS and A2 English Lit and Psychology

heyy you gave the second variant as well? (paper 12) where did you give it from. i.e country
and what time did you give it exactly. the paper was fairly easy this time around i think. the past 4 sessions 2016-17 had been pretty tricky. specific events (manchuria) are pretty easy to tackle

Quick Reply

Latest