The Student Room Group

Fat people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spider&TheFly
What a shame you spent so long writing that and all I have to say is "Ew".

idc i have the time, you saying ew just proves you dont have an arguement, was hoping you were prepared for logical debate but i guess not.
Original post by jamesgillian123
idc i have the time, you saying ew just proves you dont have an arguement, was hoping you were prepared for logical debate but i guess not.

Ahh fair enough I'll write back after I have eaten dinner. I'll win this one you know :smile: Look out for a reply by about 7pm.
Yeah, they do. They deserve equal.
Not just because of equality (though it's a driving factor, undoubtedly), but plainly and simply, they can be as attractive, if not more attractive.

Not all people like thin models. I suppose I'm biased because I'm more towards curvier than thinner models. Some people rock that size 16, 18, 20, 22 etc. Let them rock it, let them embrace it.
To be honest we are all humans. We shouldn't doubt them because there fat, sometimes it's A lot more harder than u think
ugh I'm so biased coz theres this effing biatche whom i hate with a passion and she happens to be fat
being fat is not normal nor something to be happy about. Stop making it look good. It's unhealthy and if you got fat by lack of excercise and eating too much, then don't complain when you get bullied.
Original post by brownguytorule
being fat is not normal nor something to be happy about.

It's certainly not abnormal, although I do agree that it's seldom desirable for health reasons. (In old age being overweight does increase life expectancy IIRC)

Stop making it look good. It's unhealthy and if you got fat by lack of excercise and eating too much, then don't complain when you get bullied.

How does someone being fat impact others? What sort of warped logic can ever justify bullying? I expect that most don't want to be fat.

When you're older, you may have weight issues. Remember your aggressive comments then.
(edited 6 years ago)
Some solid trolling here, fair play. 7/10.
Being fat has nothing to do with not deserving respect. You respect a person because of their personality, their thoughts, their minds, not their physical bodies. They're human beings.
Reply 49
Original post by Danielnovels25
Being fat has nothing to do with not deserving respect. You respect a person because of their personality, their thoughts, their minds, not their physical bodies. They're human beings.

but if someone is fat does that not indicate that they have a lack of care for their own health. Or maybe are lazy and lack self-control.

By the same token would you not respect someone more for being very healthy.
I prefer plus size models to be honest
Original post by helalaxo
Regardless of their weight, they are human beings. Why does extra weight mean less human rights?

Underweight people have less human rights, they can be locked up against their will and force fed, why should overweight people get it easier?
Original post by UMun
but if someone is fat does that not indicate that they have a lack of care for their own health. Or maybe are lazy and lack self-control.

By the same token would you not respect someone more for being very healthy.

it's their bodies, let them do what they want and just respect their decision. Their being fat doesn't harm you so it shouldn't concern you and make you think negatively on them. It's also not your right to say what they should do with their bodies.

In today's world, everyone is being unhealthy and not taking care of their bodies. Everything has pesticides and awful chemicals. So it is hypocrisy to say certain people are not "taking care of their bodies" when everyone isn't, probably including you.

it's not correct to say fat people are "lazy and lack self-control" when they probably have amazing self control in other aspects. You probably are lazy and lack self-control in other areas of life, nobody is perfect. You're probably amazing at other things.

Don't judge people on looks and just immediately assume things.
(edited 5 years ago)
You don't "demand" respect. You earn it. Otherwise it's not respect.

Kids can be stupid and nasty, but adults generally have better things to do than preoccupy themselves with someone else's weight issues. If however, someone else's weight issues become the source of their insecurity (perhaps because of some childhood experience), and they then start taking it out on their environment... "demanding respect" from strangers, going on TV and saying that it's 'perfectly fine to be fat' (it's not, it's not healthy, so that's a lie)... then, bruh. That doesn't score respect. And it misleads and deludes people. As I said, being fat is not healthy. Up to a certain threshold it's not particularly unhealthy either, but BMI 30 is out of the question. So no, people shouldn't talk shyt telling others that this is "ok".

You can be fat, and be respected like any other person. But being obnoxious and deceitful about it, like anything... that doesn't win points. Nobody likes that, regardless of whether you're fat or not.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Danielnovels25
it's their bodies, let them do what they want and just respect their decision. Their being fat doesn't harm you so it shouldn't concern you and make you think negatively on them. It's also not your right to say what they should do with their bodies.

In today's world, everyone is being unhealthy and not taking care of their bodies. Everything has pesticides and awful chemicals. So it is hypocrisy to say certain people are not "taking care of their bodies" when everyone isn't, probably including you.

it's not correct to say fat people are "lazy and lack self-control" when they probably have amazing self control in other aspects. You probably are lazy and lack self-control in other areas of life, nobody is perfect. You're probably amazing at other things.

Don't judge people on looks and just immediately assume things.

But they do have a lack of self control when it comes to eating. If someone chose to self-harm would i have to respect it. If someone chose to be bulimic or anorexic would i have to respect it.

I am lazy sometimes but i'll accept criticism for it and it wouldn't be unreasonable for people to think less of me for it.

Yes, nobody is perfect so when judging someone many things should be taken into account. Obesity is just a factor that should be considered.
Original post by UMun
But they do have a lack of self control when it comes to eating. If someone chose to self-harm would i have to respect it. If someone chose to be bulimic or anorexic would i have to respect it.

I am lazy sometimes but i'll accept criticism for it and it wouldn't be unreasonable for people to think less of me for it.

Yes, nobody is perfect so when judging someone many things should be taken into account. Obesity is just a factor that should be considered.

if someone chose to be bulimic or anorexic you should know that they are going through a lot and you shouldn't add to their problems. Also, what if a fat person suffered from anorexia or bulimia trying to get thin, would you respect that?

I don't think it's our place to judge fat people especially since we aren't in their shoes.

It's not a lack of self-control. It's a choice. You should respect that choice.
I don't mind people being fat, some have it because of other reasons than just eating too much,eg disorders, genetics etc.

However what I dislike is all these adverts which show that being fat is ok, or making it seem being fat is normal. Kids grow up watching these ads on TV, if they think it's ok being fat then who knows what problems it will have for them in the future.People should know how media can affect out view on things.
Given the availability, cheapness and widespread promotion of high-calorie processed foods which our brains are hardwired to get addicted to (fats and sugars) it's lucky more of us aren't obese. Some people have been brought up with the right eating strategies and some just have good genes but not everyone is that lucky and not everyone can easily work their way back once they've put a few pounds on.
Original post by notyourfriend1
I don't mind people being fat, some have it because of other reasons than just eating too much,eg disorders, genetics etc.

However what I dislike is all these adverts which show that being fat is ok, or making it seem being fat is normal. Kids grow up watching these ads on TV, if they think it's ok being fat then who knows what problems it will have for them in the future.People should know how media can affect out view on things.

It will be wrong if the media shows that fatness is not okay. It will lead to even more bullying and hating oneself and insecurities. Kids should know to love their bodies. They shouldn't be fat-shaming nor should they be fat-shamed.
I have read a few comments of this topic although someone being fat doesn't necessarily define them as lazy which you can find Skinner individuals who are equally or more lazy than the stereotype for the apparent and opinionated fat people. You have to be ignorant to believe **every single fat person is lazy.** because I tell you there will be some who will work much more than us people who are considered healthy. Furthermore, anyone who should feel the right to discriminate anyone who is fat, than I'll tell you, your twisted mind is much more suitable to go in the trash than being a reason for them to hate themselves. I may have an opinion however topics like this I believe my opinion about fat individual is not right to announce because you won't know who'll be reading and what effect that will bring to those individuals.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending