The Student Room Group

how to lose 5kg to go from 55kg to 50kg?

I'm 5 ft 1 and I'm 17
I weight 120lbs
I need to lose weight from my stomach and thighs?
how long will it take me to lose 5kg? What can I do to lose that much?
my recommended calory intake is 1200, ik im small but seriously its stressing me out and im so obsessed with my weight that i havent been revising properly for my a level exams :frown:
idk what to do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
You have your whole life to lose weight but only NOW to revise for these exams. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these exams are more important.

Eat healthy and eat at 1000 calories then, lower your sugar and carb intake and do light exercises every day with one rest day. You can hit up the gym all summer.
Reply 3
Original post by Applepiex3
You have your whole life to lose weight but only NOW to revise for these exams. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these exams are more important.

Eat healthy and eat at 1000 calories then, lower your sugar and carb intake and do light exercises every day with one rest day. You can hit up the gym all summer.

but I feel like i would be starving myself if I ate 1000 calories a day...
and how long would it take to lose 5kg anyways
im similar and have chosen to cut out snacking or if i do make sure it's healthy and reduce your refined sugar intake
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 5 ft 1 and I'm 17
I weight 120lbs
I need to lose weight from my stomach and thighs?
how long will it take me to lose 5kg? What can I do to lose that much?
my recommended calory intake is 1200, ik im small but seriously its stressing me out and im so obsessed with my weight that i havent been revising properly for my a level exams :frown:
idk what to do

You cannot spot fat meaning you cannot lose weight from a specific area, you'll just lose fat overall. I recommend HIIT training and be on a carb deficit. I agree with above in saying exams are more important you've got time to lose weight, especially since it'll take a while before you see any substantial difference.
but I feel like i would be starving myself if I ate 1000 calories a day...
and how long would it take to lose 5kg anyways

To lose weight, you need to be in a deficit.

1000 calories would be two filling big meals or 4 small portion meals; change it up according to your mood. Keep a log of what you're eating in day for a week and you will realise snacks are calorie creepers.

Up to 2-3kg (sometimes more depending on diet) water weight can take less than a week. If you maintain healthy eating and exercise then 1-2 pounds a week but that takes dedication.
Original post by Applepiex3

1000 calories is half the recommended amount for a woman. All that would happen (apart from maybe not having much energy) is the OP would lose the weight, eat normally again and gain the weight they lost.

They're better off cutting calories down to 1500.
Original post by Tiger Rag
1000 calories is half the recommended amount for a woman. All that would happen (apart from maybe not having much energy) is the OP would lose the weight, eat normally again and gain the weight they lost.

Lol this is wrong. if they eat at their maintenance after they lost the weight how will they gain weight? lol
Step 1: Find a calculator that will help you determine your ideal daily caloric intake for weight loss (usually around 15%-25% beneath your maintenance calories)

Step 2: Eat a balanced diet with a healthy ratio of carbohydrates, fats, and protein. Drink plenty of water.

Step 3: Do some basic resistance training in order to preserve your muscle mass while on a weight loss.

Step 4: After you're satisfied with your weight, increase your daily caloric intake back to maintenance and keep doing steps 2 and 3.

@Tiger Rag wrong.
Lol this is wrong. if they eat at their maintenance after they lost the weight how will they gain weight? lol

Because at 1000 calories, they're starving themselves? They'll reach their target weight and then just eat normally again because they've starved themselves.

EDIT: I've just googled and almost every website suggests a minimum of 1200 per day for a woman.
(edited 5 years ago)
Because at 1000 calories, they're starving themselves? They'll reach their target weight and then just eat normally again because they've starved themselves.

EDIT: I've just googled and almost every website suggests a minimum of 1200 per day for a woman.

You don't understand calories.

If OP loses weight even at 1000 calories and she eats at her MAINTENANCE CALORIES after shes happy with her weight she isn't going to GAIN weight.

What do you even mean by "eat normally" lol
You don't understand calories.

If OP loses weight even at 1000 calories and she eats at her MAINTENANCE CALORIES after shes happy with her weight she isn't going to GAIN weight.

What do you even mean by "eat normally" lol

So she's just going to eat 1000 calories forever? yeah right.

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I have managed to lose weight by reducing calories to a sensible amount.
Reply 14
(In short) Workout large muscles groups such as quadriceps etc.. Up your activity levels, walking cycling housework etc.. Food wise cut out condiments such as ketchup and stuff.. simole ways to lose a bit of weight! But yeah, make sure your revising

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I have managed to lose weight by reducing calories to a sensible amount.

Lmao did i say that?

Do you even know what the maintenance calorie is? After she loses 5kg she will have a maintenance amount of calories in order to maintain her weight it won't be 1000 calories lmao.
800 calories...low carb, fiber supplement drink (so you keep passing waste)...and iron will...your body will not want to lose those 5kg easily. Add cardio if you can...but go slowly.
Everyone puts on weight before exams
Eat Less.

IVE lost weight by just restricting calories, I don’t watch what I eat I could eat pizza or any other takeout and still lose weight so long as my calories are restricted

Quick Reply

Latest