The Student Room Group

Second degree (STEM) after PGCE?

Hi there.

If I receive a full loan for a Bachelors and next a PGCE, would I then have access to a tuition loan for a second Bachelors in a part-time STEM subject following completion of the PGCE? (aka my third loan)

Many thanks
Original post by HNLD
Hi there.

If I receive a full loan for a Bachelors and next a PGCE, would I then have access to a tuition loan for a second Bachelors in a part-time STEM subject following completion of the PGCE? (aka my third loan)

Many thanks

Hi HNLD,

Part time STEM subjects or part time exception courses are exempt from ELQ (equal level of qualification) and previous study.

Thanks

Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi HNLD,

Part time STEM subjects or part time exception courses are exempt from ELQ (equal level of qualification) and previous study.

Thanks

Louise

That's fantastic Louise! I have one more enquiry if that's ok?

Would I be able to access a tuition loan to study a part time STEM subject at the same time as a full time tuition and maintenance loan to study a PGCE? Or am I only able to take out a tuition loan for the part-time STEM after the completion of my PGCE?

Many thanks!
Original post by HNLD
That's fantastic Louise! I have one more enquiry if that's ok?

Would I be able to access a tuition loan to study a part time STEM subject at the same time as a full time tuition and maintenance loan to study a PGCE? Or am I only able to take out a tuition loan for the part-time STEM after the completion of my PGCE?

Many thanks!

Hi HNLD,

You can only access SFE funding for 1 course at a time in the same academic year.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending