The Student Room Group

You guys into art?

I'm curious to see how many TSR users are artists :smile:.
If you are, how do you balance making art along with academic endeavours? I had to kinda abandon drawing n stuff; maybe I could have balanced life better lol :tongue:.

BONUS: If you'd like, post a pic of your art in this thread! I'd love to see what you've created.

Scroll to see replies

Yep. Did it all the way through school and am now doing a design degree
Love drawing and photography, I am looking to buy a proper camera soon, anyone have any recommendations? :smile:
Original post by ForeverAQx
Love drawing and photography, I am looking to buy a proper camera soon, anyone have any recommendations? :smile:

@Anon_98 might know some good ones :smile:

Also OP i have moved your thread to the Creative corner forum of tsr :smile: is where most of the arty people live
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
Yep. Did it all the way through school and am now doing a design degree

woah sweet! whats it like :biggrin:?
(thanks for the thread move btw)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
@Anon_98 might know some good ones :smile:

x

hi,

i would recommend the canon 1300D, 18-55mm lens, not too expensive, really good for beginners.
Original post by Anon_98
hi,

i would recommend the canon 1300D, 18-55mm lens, not too expensive, really good for beginners.

:hugs: :pierre:
I draw/paint in trad and digital medium a bit, and mess around with photography (I have a couple of film cameras). Did it until GCSE, was hoping to go into game art, but then sort of got a bit disheartened by how little I was improving. Have never been as into it since :emo: but I still try!
Reply 8
Comp Sci student here, I've stopped drawing these days pretty much, but I used to do it quite frequently like 2 years ago

Spoiler

I love drawing and admiring artwork! Seriously passionate about it but never got the chance to do it for A level or GCSE; I didn't want to turn my hobbies into a chore.

Absolutely, plenty of recommendations tbh.

What do you intend to take pictures of? do you have any specific interest like landscape or food, etc? that would be key in determining lens type if you go for camera with interchangeable lenses (a proper camera that is :P).
Done GCSE Geography and I’m currently doing A-level art.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Done GCSE Geography and I’m currently doing A-level art.

Geography is art?
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
[QUOTE=toned;
Attachment not found
77493590]I'm curious to see how many TSR users are artists :smile:.
If you are, how do you balance making art along with academic endeavours? I had to kinda abandon drawing n stuff; maybe I could have balanced life better lol :tongue:.

BONUS: If you'd like, post a pic of your art in this thread! I'd love to see what you've created.

i did not pick GCSE art... idekY XD XD
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by johnny.snow
Geography is art?

No it’s not.
Original post by Anon_98
hi,

Thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by NoSoupForYou
Absolutely, plenty of recommendations tbh.

What do you intend to take pictures of? do you have any specific interest like landscape or food, etc? that would be key in determining lens type if you go for camera with interchangeable lenses (a proper camera that is :P).

Definitely landscapes, the outside and people really, nothing really specific, I just really like photography :smile:
Original post by TheAlchemistress
No it’s not.

Why did you mention geography then? Im so confused. :lol:
Definitely landscapes, the outside and people really, nothing really specific, I just really like photography :smile:

Can't go wrong with Canon 200D or Nikon D5600. For landscapes, you need what's called wide-angle lenses, whereas for street photography and "portraits" (people, really), standard 50mm or 35mm lenses will be just fine. Get a starter 18-55mm kit. It's not the best you can do but you can get separate lenses as you learn about shutter speed, aperture, etc.

Get a book on basic photography and you will learn these things in no time. And get moving ofc :P.
Original post by johnny.snow
Why did you mention geography then? Im so confused. :lol:

I done both geography and art at GCSE.

I am now doing A-levels, doing both geography and art.

Quick Reply

Latest