The Student Room Group

Opinions on Short Guys

Just wondering what people's opinions on short dudes is.
Like, I'm 5'6 and it never really bothers me, but I'm curious as to people's thoughts.

[Edit (10/5/18) -- yeah this was never meant to be about dateability but it became about that so meh]
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThisDude
Just wondering what people's opinions on short dudes is.
Like, I'm 5'6 and it never really bothers me, but I'm curious as to people's thoughts.

it's fine, I'm 5"3 so it doesn't bother me.
girls who say they don't care are lying lol, a bit like guys who say they don't care if a girl is fat
we are weighed down because of our massive d1cks
I'm 5'5

I hang out mostly with asians, to them I am normal height :biggrin:
Reply 5
honest opinion- if your talking about romantically then :frown:(((((((((((((((((( nah.
i feel like for me and other girls (not talking about everyone), especially those who want masculine guys want guys who are tall because of the associations that come with it (i.e. strong, masculine etc)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CollectiveSoul
girls who say they don't care are lying lol, a bit like guys who say they don't care if a girl is fat

Honestly if my height is gonna stop someone from dating me then do I really want to be with them tho
Reply 7
Original post by Hirsty97
we are weighed down because of our massive d1cks

I kno rite
Honestly if my height is gonna stop someone from dating me then do I really want to be with them tho

i woudn't even say 5ft 6 is short

yes
It's this kind of original and thought-provoking discourse that keeps me coming back to this site :closedeyes:
Reply 11
Original post by CollectiveSoul
yes

I find that if my height (or like, thats what im assuming is the thing i have a lot of bad aspects lol) then its an immediate turn away for me tho :biggrin:
no one really cares too much unless you're in the TSR relationships forum in which case its all:

Reply 13
Original post by Ray_Shadows

Okay but when i have to look up to talk to everyone and I'm at eye-level with most guy's shoulders, it feels kinda short lol

(then again, for me most guys have double-chins when they talk to me so its kinda funny lol)
I'm 4ft 11 so...anyone is tall compared to me. I don't think 5"6 is short
Love short guys personally, most of my crushes are shorter than I am
Original post by Ray_Shadows

Not noticeably short , stats say (UK - England averages)

male 16 + is 175.3 cm (5 ft 9 in)

male 25-34 is 177.8 cm (5 ft 10 in)

female 16 + is 161.9 cm (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

female 25-34 is 164.5 cm (5 ft 5 in)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
I'm just naturally salty tho

(okay im not naturally salty, i wasn't trying to come off that way oops)
Okay but when i have to look up to talk to everyone and I'm at eye-level with most guy's shoulders, it feels kinda short lol

(then again, for me most guys have double-chins when they talk to me so its kinda funny lol)

i'm only 5ft 4 , idm tilting my neck up when talking face to face with another guy (shows courageousness imo)

how old are you btw cause you might still have some growing to do
I only know one woman dating a guy shorter than she is tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending