The Student Room Group

So so stressed

Hi
I’m 15 and my gcse exams are next week, and I’m incredibly stressed. I had meningitis the weekend just gone, and still get extremely bad headaches and so I haven’t been able to revise or focus, and it really scares me. Idk what to do I’m freaking out because I feel like I know nothing at all
Original post by GladeIsland
Hi
I’m 15 and my gcse exams are next week, and I’m incredibly stressed. I had meningitis the weekend just gone, and still get extremely bad headaches and so I haven’t been able to revise or focus, and it really scares me. Idk what to do I’m freaking out because I feel like I know nothing at all

1. Get a letter from the doctor about what you are suffering and how its affected you. Tell the exam officer you want to put in a claim for special consideration.

2. Take your medication, keep hydrated and eat enough.

3. You can only do what you can do in one week. just prioritise and learn the basics you think are most important. You can always resit if you have to. Presumably the school know you have been ill?

4. It isnt the end of the world if you have to resit.

5. Hard not to worry, but it doesnt get you extra marks. Deal with it after exams.
Original post by 999tigger
1. Get a letter from the doctor about what you are suffering and how its affected you. Tell the exam officer you want to put in a claim for special consideration.

2. Take your medication, keep hydrated and eat enough.

3. You can only do what you can do in one week. just prioritise and learn the basics you think are most important. You can always resit if you have to. Presumably the school know you have been ill?

4. It isnt the end of the world if you have to resit.

5. Hard not to worry, but it doesnt get you extra marks. Deal with it after exams.

Thank you for this it really helped. My school does know that I’ve been ill so I’m hoping they’ll take this into consideration x
Thank you for this it really helped. My school does know that I’ve been ill so I’m hoping they’ll take this into consideration x

It is for the exam board to take into consideration. How many months have you lost from meningitis? Hospitalised?
have you done any revision? how many exams are you prepared for?
Original post by mariax__x
have you done any revision? how many exams are you prepared for?

I’m prepared for some, but not the most. I know I’ll be ok tho cos I did ok in my mocks, but still the stress is starting to play on my mind
It is for the exam board to take into consideration. How many months have you lost from meningitis? Hospitalised?

I was hospitalised but sent home due to a shortage of bed still on antibiotics tho
I was hospitalised but sent home due to a shortage of bed still on antibiotics tho

How many months have you had it and how much school missed?
Reply 8
Honestly GCSE's aren't deep. As long as you get 5-7 you should be fine because it's really only to get into 6form/ College, especially if you want to go into higher education. Unless you want to go into Law/Medicine. A levels + are the ones that are really important.
what grades are you on? in the exam try to be calm and think of the positives x
good luck on your exams mine are next week as well
How many months have you had it and how much school missed?

Not months just this week but I’ve also had ongoing health problems through out the year. I’m good with knowledge and stuff like that cos I did ok in my mocks so I’m not failing any of my subjects, it’s just that the stress is becoming overwhelming cos everyone expects so much of me and I know im not capable to live up to their standards
Original post by mariax__x
what grades are you on? in the exam try to be calm and think of the positives x
good luck on your exams mine are next week as well

For mocks I got all 7s, 8s and two 9s, and then one 6 & 5. I’m going to stay as calm as I possibly can, and make sure you do to.
Good luck I know you’ll do amazing ❤️
Not months just this week but I’ve also had ongoing health problems through out the year. I’m good with knowledge and stuff like that cos I did ok in my mocks so I’m not failing any of my subjects, it’s just that the stress is becoming overwhelming cos everyone expects so much of me and I know im not capable to live up to their standards

The only target you need to set is for yourself and trying your best.
If you have done that then others opinions or expectations dont matter.
For mocks I got all 7s, 8s and two 9s, and then one 6 & 5. I’m going to stay as calm as I possibly can, and make sure you do to.
Good luck I know you’ll do amazing ❤️

well done those grades are really, my grades are soo bad compared to yours, i got 3 4s, 2 5s and 1 7
if u have revised from january onwards effectively youll be k

Quick Reply

Latest