The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics: Statistics S1 6683 01 - 13 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the 2018 Edexcel S1 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 5%
Good :H 13%
Okay :bebored: 24%
Bad :cry2: 19%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@40%
Total votes: 358

Edexcel AS Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Statistics 1
Date: Wednesday 13th June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 3 :crazy:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find all Edexcel Maths past papers [url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level&Qualification-Subject=Mathematics%20(2008)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2F9371"]here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. Materials for S1 can be found here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
Edexcel AS Core Maths C1
Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C3
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
Edexcel A2 Decision Maths D2
Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP3
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I hate probability xD Just felt like sharing that hahaahahha! Anyone else?If anyone needs help, I'd suggest the solomon papers (you'll find them on the physicsandmathstutor website. I solved most of the C1 solomon papers and solved maybe 2 C2 solomon papers and got an A in C12. Worth a shot lovelies xox
Original post by PixieDust_00
I hate probability xD Just felt like sharing that hahaahahha! Anyone else?If anyone needs help, I'd suggest the solomon papers (you'll find them on the physicsandmathstutor website. I solved most of the C1 solomon papers and solved maybe 2 C2 solomon papers and got an A in C12. Worth a shot lovelies xox

How useful are the Solomon papers for stats :smile: ? Apparently they are not like the exams at all so do you have any other resources you know of ?
Original post by Angels1234
How useful are the Solomon papers for stats :smile: ? Apparently they are not like the exams at all so do you have any other resources you know of ?

The material is the same. If they aren't what you're looking for then maybe find a solved paper on youtube. Do it by yourself, check your answers and wherever you have problems just refer to the mark scheme. That should do the trick :smile:

refer to the youtube video* my bad
Do you think the paper this year will be easier seeing as it’s the last exam paper for the modular series .?
Do you think the paper this year will be easier seeing as it’s the last exam paper for the modular series .?

Let's hope so. Hey, if you need notes and points to be aware of in S1, you can check my uploads. I'm gonna start leaving notes here for me and you guys just in case you need a reminder of important things and details while solving that you may totally forget.
Let's hope so. Hey, if you need notes and points to be aware of in S1, you can check my uploads. I'm gonna start leaving notes here for me and you guys just in case you need a reminder of important things and details while solving that you may totally forget.

my pleasure
TSR keeps getting stuck. I'll try again tmw ** fingers crossed **
my pleasure
TSR keeps getting stuck. I'll try again tmw ** fingers crossed **

Okay no worries , what modules are you taking this year 😊
Okay no worries , what modules are you taking this year 😊

C34 & S1 (edexcel)
chemistry U1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (edexcel)

Defo going to start solomon papers in the last week before the c1 exam! need a high A.

any other tips??
Does anyone do C12? If so is there a discussion about that? All I see is people talking about pure maths or C1 and C2 separately. :biggrin:
Original post by slightly_edited
Does anyone do C12? If so is there a discussion about that? All I see is people talking about pure maths or C1 and C2 separately. :biggrin:

Nearly 9000 people took the IAL AS last summer. Add on the A level candidates retaking C12 .....
Original post by slightly_edited

Feel free to make a thread (this is IAL right?) and I'll pop it in the Maths Exam Thread directory where hopefully it'll get some attention :smile:
the recent years have venn diagram which has a circle inside a circle(idk the exact name). I find them alright but want to have more practice. Any links to questions like this ? Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)

Thank you !!
The material is the same. If they aren't what you're looking for then maybe find a solved paper on youtube. Do it by yourself, check your answers and wherever you have problems just refer to the mark scheme. That should do the trick :smile:

Where are they ? *Batman voice*
Original post by seconda1
Defo going to start solomon papers in the last week before the c1 exam! need a high A.

any other tips??

Nope, that' all! Sorry for the late reply
How have you been doing?
Original post by SRkisuvi
Thank you !!

you're welcome

Original post by Lawlerfhfbdj
Where are they ? *Batman voice*

exam solutions on youtube but you won't find completely solved ones (I checked, they're pretty hard to find) so solve a paper and if you find difficulties search for the questions online (between TSR, youtube and other websites, there's a shot at finding the answer online. If you don't find it then post the question on TSR and we'll be there)
good luck Batman 😂

Quick Reply

Latest