The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL biology A2 Unit 6 June 2018

How was the paper?
Not bad. I lost 3 points from the first question for the abiotic factors i wrote light intensity which is wrong 😳. Lets hope the boundaries are not too high like 47 for a*.
The tricky part about the paper was the last part of question 2, it was something related to working in a field right?
what experiment did we had to describe in q.3 for 10marks?
what did yall do for the first question? respiro or spiro
Original post by kimkardashian123
what did yall do for the first question? respiro or spiro

I did respirometer!! But a lot of my classmates did spirometer!
For q1 I counted each contraction and relaxation as one breath and I measured the time needed for another breath to be taken in using a stopwatch. I heated one test tube using a water bath at 37 degrees and the other one just left it at 25 degrees (room temperature).I placed them in cotton wool inside the test tubes.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Stressed4ever
For q1 I counted each contraction and relaxation as one breath and I measured the time needed for another breath to be taken in using a stopwatch. I heated one test tube using a water bath at 37 degrees and the other one just left it at 25 degrees (room temperature).I placed them in cotton wool inside the test tubes.

I counted the number of contractions and relaxations as well but many of frds wrote respirometer 😭😭
Original post by Screw edexcel
I counted the number of contractions and relaxations as well but many of frds wrote respirometer 😭😭

So is it wrong? I mean since the relaxations and contractions were mentioned, we had to use them. Perhaps both will be correct since alternative experiments are accepted in this kind of questions
So is it wrong? I mean since the relaxations and contractions were mentioned, we had to use them. Perhaps both will be correct since alternative experiments are accepted in this kind of questions

Yes it is really confusing that the question mentioned bout the relaxations and contractions. Not sure if it’s like for reference and extra knowledge or u really need to include it in ur answer
Original post by Screw edexcel
Yes it is really confusing that the question mentioned bout the relaxations and contractions. Not sure if it’s like for reference and extra knowledge or u really need to include it in ur answer

I think we are going to be just fine don’t worry

did same as ventilation was mentioned but in my circles people also did respirometre..
tell me about affect of temperature on ventilation rate ?
2) CAN HUMIDITY BE CONTROLLED BY USING AC.
Original post by zainali420
did same as ventilation was mentioned but in my circles people also did respirometre..
tell me about affect of temperature on ventilation rate ?
2) CAN HUMIDITY BE CONTROLLED BY USING AC.

Hi there sorry for not responding.If the temperature increased then it will be obvious that the rate of ventilation would increase,so more frequent contractions and relaxations.
2) I’m not sure about that, but I think the best option would be to use a fan or a spray bottle,that’s what I wrote on the exam.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending