The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Accommodation at Bangor uni

Hii,
I'm going to put Bangor as my firm choice! Just wanted some information from some students already at Bangor. I'm studying zoology with animal behaviour and I wanted to know which student village would be closer for me, St Mary's or Ffriddoedd? I like the look of Reichel and the tudno townhouses?
Also how far away are they from the town and trainstation?
Thank you!🤗

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lifeissues
Hii,
I'm going to put Bangor as my firm choice! Just wanted some information from some students already at Bangor. I'm studying zoology with animal behaviour and I wanted to know which student village would be closer for me, St Mary's or Ffriddoedd? I like the look of Reichel and the tudno townhouses?
Thank you!🤗

Hi lifeissues,

Great to hear that you are putting Bangor down as your first choice. The school of Biological Science is between the Ffriddoedd Village and St Mary's village which are both around a 15 minute walk to the school. Ffriddoedd Village is around a 7 minute walk from the train station and St Mary's is around 15 minute walk. We have 2000 rooms on the Ffriddoedd village and 600 rooms at the St Mary's village.

Hope this helps

Anything else I can help with, give me a shout

Sera (Bangor University Official Rep)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi lifeissues,

Great to hear that you are putting Bangor down as your first choice. The school of Biological Science is between the Ffriddoedd Village and St Mary's village which are both around a 15 minute walk to the school. Ffriddoedd Village is around a 7 minute walk from the train station and St Mary's is around 15 minute walk. We have 2000 rooms on the Ffriddoedd village and 600 rooms at the St Mary's village.

Hope this helps

Anything else I can help with, give me a shout

Okay! Thank you this was very helpful, are you a student at Bangor if so which halls would you say is the best?
Okay! Thank you this was very helpful, are you a student at Bangor if so which halls would you say is the best?

Hello :smile:

I was a student here, I now work for the University :smile:

All of our halls are great, why not have a look at some of them in the link below you can do a 360 degree tour of the rooms:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/info.php.en

It just depends on your personal opinions on what you would prefer :smile:

Hope this helps

Hii,
Thank you!🤗

Hi,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

You might want to take a look at Fresh Student Living’s accommodation across Bangor. All sites are within walking distance to Bangor University, train station and the town centre.

We have a healthy mixture of en-suite rooms and studios available and if you’d like to talk to us, just send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Sioned @ Fresh Student Living
Hi guys,

If you want to have a look at Bangor Universities accommodation then follow the link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/info.php.en

Thanks

Sera (Bangor University Student Rep)
Hi have you applied for any accommodation yet?
Emily
Is anyone living in St Mary’s village?^-^
Original post by Eliseheyes27
Is anyone living in St Mary’s village?^-^

I will be in September 😉👍
(edited 5 years ago)
Where abouts? I’m living in Cemlyn in September!!
Where abouts? I’m living in Cemlyn in September!!

I'm gonna be living in one of the townhouses 😥 what you studying?
That’s snazzy oo!! I’m gonna do philosophy and religion c: what about you?
That’s snazzy oo!! I’m gonna do philosophy and religion c: what about you?

Oh that's cool I'm gonna be doing marine biology and zoology
Original post by EmJ147-99
Oh that's cool I'm gonna be doing marine biology and zoology

That’s so interesting omg!! I’m jealous af
That’s so interesting omg!! I’m jealous af

😀 I can't actually wait!!
Where you from? (I'm from Manchester)
Omg no way!! I live in St. Helens hahah so I’m up the road from u!! And same omg, are u in the Facebook groups/campus society???
Omg no way!! I live in St. Helens hahah so I’m up the road from u!! And same omg, are u in the Facebook groups/campus society???

What that's mad!
No I'm not but I'll join one of the Facebook groups now
Hii,
Thank you!🤗

Hey, I live in Bangor and I would say 100% Ffriddoedd village 🤪 St Mary’s is up a MASSIVE hill which is impossible to make on your way home on a night out. Everything is within walking distance from either village because Bangor is tiny; don’t let the “city” title delude you lol
Original post by EmJ147-99
What that's mad!
No I'm not but I'll join one of the Facebook groups now

I’ve found a group chat of people who wanna go spoons😂
I’ve found a group chat of people who wanna go spoons😂

😂😂 any good group chats let me know☺

Quick Reply

Latest