The Student Room Group

Why do programmers think they are smarter than doctors?

I want know why this is..

Scroll to see replies

Never heard this in my life.

C++ hard tho.
Reply 2
Facts
Original post by HoldThisL
Never heard this in my life.

C++ hard tho.

Meh, can easily be learnt using youtube.
Original post by 69Tekashi69
Meh, can easily be learnt using youtube.

Lol okay go learn it then.
Where's the evidence though?
Original post by HoldThisL
Lol okay go learn it then.

I have chosen not to
Original post by Applepiex3
Where's the evidence though?

Life.
???

computer science and medicine are both hard.. just that medicine has far more volume to learn whilst CS is more about problem solving and logical reasoning

You should probably start by providing evidence that they do.
Well both are equally dumb since both use Google to do their job

Moving on...
Original post by Princepieman
???

computer science and medicine are both hard.. just that medicine has far more volume to learn whilst CS is more about problem solving and logical reasoning

How is medicine not about problem solving and logical thinking? Like to see you perform open heart surgery.
Why do you think this?
You don't need to be smart to be a doctor. You just need to be good at passing multiple choice exams.
AI doctors on the way tho
How is medicine not about problem solving and logical thinking? Like to see you perform open heart surgery.

so I think the distinction is one is about solving physical problems with known tools and outcomes. another is about solving abstract problems with tools that haven't been predetermined yet.

a surgeon realistically is a really souped up human plumber that requires a lot of prior experience + known tools + knowledge. a compsci is more of a builder or logician that has to create (or prove) things with an arbitrary suite of tools (that may or may not exist yet).
They are smarter at programming.

Cuz we are
Original post by _dvrkchocolate
AI doctors on the way tho

Damn right, they will have fewer mis-diagnoses too! And they have real doctors cornered on salary expectations
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Cuz we are

JavaScript bae

Quick Reply

Latest