The Student Room Group

Would you date a guy that is not good looking?

And why? is it cos you know he wont cheat on you?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, if they have a good personality. That matters more to me than looks
Would you date a girl that isn't good looking?
Reply 3
Original post by Hirsty97
Would you date a girl that isn't good looking?

Yes. This is a topic for a different thread though.
Generally no, because I am not gay.
Reply 5
Most girls would not
Reply 6
looks are so subjective- even if nobody else think he's all that good looking, to me he might seem amazing
besides, personality, and a nice smile matter more than just being eye candy
Reply 7
Original post by HoldThisL
Generally no, because I am not gay.

You didn't have to post here then, I didn't ask you, specifically.
Original post by Anonymous
And why? is it cos you know he wont cheat on you?

Depends if I'm attracted to them and anyway, you could think they're attractive and someone else won't.
Reply 9
Original post by Shadow~
looks are so subjective- even if nobody else think he's all that good looking, to me he might seem amazing

They are subjective to some extent. I won't post myself cos I wanna remain anonymous but trust me. Google boogie2988 if you need to be convinced of that.

And a nice smile is part of looking good. A huge part probably.
Original post by Shadow~

Hmm.. to have a nice smile they need to have nice teeth though? Or not. I'm confused when someone tells someone else they have a nice smile when they're teeth are crooked and all.
Original post by pereira325
Hmm.. to have a nice smile they need to have nice teeth though? Or not. I'm confused when someone tells someone else they have a nice smile when they're teeth are crooked and all.

By nice smile, I mean their expression more than anything. Like you could have the worst teeth ever, but if your face lights up and eyes sparkle or you have adorable dimples, it's still really nice.

Like loads of models and whatnot are subjectively very very good looking, but rarely smile, and I just don't find that attractive, compared to an average guy who wears his expressions normally rather than hide behind some poker-face
Well I'm dating a guy who my friends probably wouldn't find attractive, but I often catch myself staring at him because personally I think he's really cute and I think that has to do with the fact that we get along really well and he has a great personality.
Original post by Shadow~
By nice smile, I mean their expression more than anything. Like you could have the worst teeth ever, but if your face lights up and eyes sparkle or you have adorable dimples, it's still really nice.

Like loads of models and whatnot are subjectively very very good looking, but rarely smile, and I just don't find that attractive, compared to an average guy who wears his expressions normally rather than hide behind some poker-face

Oh right. I suppose that is subjective then.
I smile a lot personally and I have good teeth so I've kinda worked out the best looking smile by my opinion lol. But idk, maybe doing the same smile then classifies as faking it?
Nothing major, it just feels perhaps annoying that my smile (it's good because I had braces) isn't really appreciated haha. But, I guess it will be eventually!
Oh right. I suppose that is subjective then.
I smile a lot personally and I have good teeth so I've kinda worked out the best looking smile by my opinion lol. But idk, maybe doing the same smile then classifies as faking it?
Nothing major, it just feels perhaps annoying that my smile (it's good because I had braces) isn't really appreciated haha. But, I guess it will be eventually!

just don't overthink it- a genuinely happy smile is like fricking dynamite

are you a guy or a girl?

I have dimples so I just look really babyish when I smile haha
Depends. I tend to go for personality over looks, but there has to be some kind of attraction there, physically. It's different if you're dating someone other people might not find good looking, but if you do, then who cares. But I'd say you definitely have to think that someone is at least quite good looking to date them. Intelligence and personality is attractive, but you can't have sex with their personality, can you?
Original post by Shadow~
just don't overthink it- a genuinely happy smile is like fricking dynamite

are you a guy or a girl?

I have dimples so I just look really babyish when I smile haha

I am a guy. When I smile my eyes kinda dimple aswell or something, so I get what you're saying... a good smile involves your whole face.
I have dimples too, I think.
Well, what the heck. While you're here I guess... I took a quick picture with a smile so I dunno, tell us if it's good or bad? And yeah i cropped out my upper half of my face because I guess I'm trying to stay a bit anonymous here...
Edit: I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE PICTURE HAS COME OUT SO LARGE. Feeling a bit shy about it now.
Attachment not found
Reply 17
Yes, why not?
I am a guy. When I smile my eyes kinda dimple aswell or something, so I get what you're saying... a good smile involves your whole face.
I have dimples too, I think.
Well, what the heck. While you're here I guess... I took a quick picture with a smile so I dunno, tell us if it's good or bad? And yeah i cropped out my upper half of my face because I guess I'm trying to stay a bit anonymous here...
Edit: I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE PICTURE HAS COME OUT SO LARGE. Feeling a bit shy about it now.
Attachment not found

awwwww that's some cute smile you got there, even just from half a face :')
don't be shy haha
btw where u from originally? u look kinda asian there
if they have a good personality then yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending