The Student Room Group

What grades dou want on GCSE RESULTS DAY?

Despite procrastinating during the build up towards our GCSE'S. It has made me start to realise that these exam grades are the ones which will be on that paper on that big day that we have all dreaded. Therfore, I have decided to make a thread towards what grades you are aspiring to get. Good luck everyone!
English lang - 7
English Lit 7
Bio,Chem,Physics - 6
RE- 8
History- 6
Maths-6
Spanish 5
ICT Cambridge Nationals - Merit
BTEC Sport D*
What are you guys/girls aspiring to achieve?

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to get
English language and Lit- 8
Maths-8
Bio, Chem, phys-7
RS-7
Spanish-6
Health and Social - probably gonna fail but oh well
Original post by SAMFIELD
I'd like to get
English language and Lit- 8
Maths-8
Bio, Chem, phys-7
RS-7
Spanish-6
Health and Social - probably gonna fail but oh well

Thats amazing, good luck!
Thanks, your prediction grades are great aswell
Reply 4
All 9s obviously like any TSR user would want

Spoiler

Original post by The RAR
All 9s obviously like any TSR user would want

Spoiler

lol! Haha, have you done your gcses may I ask? If so what did you get on them?
When do your gcses start and have you started intense revision?
Original post by SAMFIELD
When do your gcses start and have you started intense revision?

Mine start on Tuesday and tbh I haven't really revised as much as I had
hoped. I am just taking every exam as it goes along. How about you?
Reply 8
Original post by photosynthesis33
lol! Haha, have you done your gcses may I ask? If so what did you get on them?

Yeah I did and I am in year 12 currently. Let's just say my GCSEs were definitely not your TSR average but neither did I do **** in them, I did really average in my opinion. In the end I came out with like 6 Bs and 4 Cs, I was not happy at all with the results as those Cs were really bothering me. Should have gotten no more than 2 Cs in my opinion.
Monday. I've been revising my backside off during the process. Just hope it all pays off!
Original post by The RAR
Yeah I did and I am in year 12 currently. Let's just say my GCSEs were definitely not your TSR average but neither did I do **** in them, I did really average in my opinion. In the end I came out with like 6 Bs and 4 Cs, I was not happy at all with the results as those Cs were really bothering me. Should have gotten no more than 2 Cs in my opinion.

Ahh, well I hope you do fantastic in your A levels I guess however, I have heard that they are ridiculously harder than the GCSE'S
What you planning on doing after year 11 then?
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do though
Original post by photosynthesis33
Ahh, well I hope you do fantastic in your A levels I guess however, I have heard that they are ridiculously harder than the GCSE'S

I had a look at the new specs for the GCSE subjects and oh my oh my they are ridiculously hard indeed, I don't even know now what's worse, A levels or doing 10 GCSEs in the new specs? At least with A levels you get some freedom at school whereas in your GCSE years you are literally locked up in school. Apparently for the new GCSE English your punctuation matters more than ever now meaning you will get penalised more for it, deliberate plan by the government so less people can get into uni if you ask me.
Original post by The RAR
I had a look at the new specs for the GCSE subjects and oh my oh my they are ridiculously hard indeed, I don't even know now what's worse, A levels or doing 10 GCSEs in the new specs? At least with A levels you get some freedom at school whereas in your GCSE years you are literally locked up in school. Apparently for the new GCSE English your punctuation matters more than ever now meaning you will get penalised more for it, deliberate plan by the government so less people can get into uni if you ask me.

English Lang has never really bothered me. However, for alot of my
friends they have said the exact same thing. Im not sure why they have had to change the GCSE'S but yes as you have said they probably want less people to get into uni.
Original post by The RAR

I hate English! Hate it I'm telling you. The whole education system seems a little corrupt to me!
English Lang - 8
English Lit - sat it last year, got a 7
Maths - 6
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 6
French - 8
Drama - 8
ICT - A*
RE - Id like a 7 but I’m doomed. Probs get a 5.
Maths Edexcel - 9
Computing OCR - 9
Combined Science AQA - 8-8
English Literature AQA - 8
English Language AQA - 8
Business Edexcel - A/A*
French AQA - 7
History AQA - 7
Guys just out of curiosity, do you think if you had a year from now to prepare for GCSE Higher (1-9) you could get an 8-9? Imagen you achieved a C in school so your maths skills weren't too great.
Reply 19
English Literature - 8
English Language - 9
Mathematics - 9
Religious Studies - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 7
History - 7
German - 8
Business Studies - A*

Haven’t revised as much as I had wanted to by now and spend most of my days procrastinating but some things are starting to just click for me so hopefully it’s all good. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest