The Student Room Group

WJEC EDUQAS GCSE Religious Studies.

How prepared are you?
Is this your first exam?
What do you expect to come up?
What do you expect the grade boundaries to be like?
Good Luck tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Are you doing Route B?

I'm feeling well prepared but I think this is a horrid exam for timings - it's more than a mark a minute!!
I'm expecting some specific questions such as pilgrimage, tree of life, CST, and statuary to come up
Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too high!

Good luck!
im route A
im not to worried
To do well in RS you need to be good at waffling
I honestly have the keywords ingrained into my head like lines for a play omg why did I waste so much time learning them?
Original post by louishill1
I honestly have the keywords ingrained into my head like lines for a play omg why did I waste so much time learning them?

2 marks are important
Reply 6
I'm Doing route A and Islam.
My class are envious of me because I'm a gay muslim living in a christian society, so they think i'm at and advantage.
Reply 7
How'd you find the exam?
Probably not a good sign i only wrote one paragraph for one of the 15 mark question...
Reply 8
Original post by Lokum
How'd you find the exam?
Probably not a good sign i only wrote one paragraph for one of the 15 mark question...

Yh the D questions were hard but managed somehow
Reply 9
Did you do the one with euthanasia and and forgiveness in it?
Reply 10
It was suffering in not always evil and humanists should only care for the environment
Original post by Izx
Did you do the one with euthanasia and and forgiveness in it?

Yeah I did
Reply 12
I found the exam hard... the 8 mark ones were worded differently to any practise papers we had done. Anyone else find this??
The questions were worded horribly but overall I think I did pretty well.
Original post by louishill1
The questions were worded horribly but overall I think I did pretty well.

i agree, iespecially hated the question on prison chaplains and the one on personal conviction
Reply 15
Original post by hanansana
i agree, iespecially hated the question on prison chaplains and the one on personal conviction

I had no clue what prison chaplains were, nor did I know what to write for personal conviction.
Original post by mel.13
I found the exam hard... the 8 mark ones were worded differently to any practise papers we had done. Anyone else find this??

I think the actual question itself is different, you can't put all the same ideas. In the tests and specimen papers we done things like personal conviction was just a 5 marker, and I usually described and put oscar romero but since it was an 8 marker, I didn't know what else to put.

Yeah I think some of the questions were worded badly, so yes I agree it was worded differently.
Original post by Iahmed512
I think the actual question itself is different, you can't put all the same ideas. In the tests and specimen papers we done things like personal conviction was just a 5 marker, and I usually described and put oscar romero but since it was an 8 marker, I didn't know what else to put.

Yeah I think some of the questions were worded badly, so yes I agree it was worded differently.

I honestly think the questions were worded in such a poor manner. What's worse, is these questions were in the specimen, so I didn't study the death penalty as they asked a 15 mark question on it in the specimen but LUCKILY i had something to talk about (ie sancity of life)

what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Nxzmul_
Yh the D questions were hard but managed somehow

I found it hard to form a good argument for both sides with part d questions, can't remember exact question but the one about how you should use your money however you want I put about how christians would disagree because of richman and lazarus, muslims would disagree becuase of having to give to charity for zakkat and how interest is not allowed but only thing I could think of with other side is about free will and when giving money to others it might not make a difference
Original post by ohdearstudying
I honestly think the questions were worded in such a poor manner. What's worse, is these questions were in the specimen, so I didn't study the death penalty as they asked a 15 mark question on it in the specimen but LUCKILY i had something to talk about (ie sancity of life)

what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I think the same the other way round, if euthanasia question was a 15 marker I would have put loads of ideas but I couldn't put same ideas because it was an 8 marker and you had to explain using two religions.
Yes same with me, some of the questions were similar to ones on specimen but I hadn't really revised it but for some of the questions it was a lower mark in specimen. I mentioned sanctity of life as well

I think it will be lower than what my school used, grade boundaries my school used was 50 for a 4, and it increases by 10 but 95% for grade 9.
Even though it is a new spec I feel like it will be high, but not as high as what my school used, so I think it could be 50% for a 5 instead, and increasing by 10% from that, so 90% for a 9.

Quick Reply

Latest