The Student Room Group

Higher History 2018 Predictions

Hey guys! whats everyone's predictions for higher history exam next week? I think it'll 2,3,5 or 1,3,5 :smile:
All the history topics have a certain number attached to them and are paired across all topics (not officially). For example, in the British/USA topic: 2=How democratic was Britain/Obstacles to CRM, 3=Why did women gain the right to vote/Reasons for the great depression, 5=How successful where the liberal reforms/Success of CRM.

You can make a prediction based on what numbers have come in the past year: E.g. 2017 1,4,6 and 2016 1,3,5
2,3,4 or 2,3,5/6. I think there's a high chance it'll be 2 because it hasn't come up since 2015 😊
I am predicting for Britain it will be how democratic was Britain, women and vote and then reasons for liberal reforms. For Germany I think it will be extent of nationalism, growth of unification and obstacles to unification. These are all based on the number of times each topic has came up!
Reply 4
Hi does anyone have any predictions on what essays might come up for the USA unit
Reply 5
Original post by Marcel13
Hi does anyone have any predictions on what essays might come up for the USA unit

I think possibly obstacles for the CRM
Reply 6
I think that rise of the Nazis will also come up! Or perhaps maintenance of power - at least one Nazi essay
Totally agree with you. Think achieving power will come up this year!
Original post by megan13_
I think that rise of the Nazis will also come up! Or perhaps maintenance of power - at least one Nazi essay
Reply 8
Hi Does anyone know what will come up for the Russia section? And for British section will it be women's vote or liberal reforms?
Reply 9
Guys what will come up for the Russia section? And for Britain will women's vote and liberal reforms come up?
Reply 10
see if you have an assessment question (e.g. how democratic was Britain by 1928 ?) is it guaranteed that you won't get an isolated factor and that you can only comment on the things you want ?
Reply 11
Original post by aitken1
see if you have an assessment question (e.g. how democratic was Britain by 1928 ?) is it guaranteed that you won't get an isolated factor and that you can only comment on the things you want ?

What do you mean? Any essay can be asked one of 2 ways; "To what extent" question, or "Discuss" question. There's usually 2 "to what extent" and 1 "discuss" per unit. If it's a "discuss", then it'll either have an isolated factor, or it'll be open for you to discuss whichever factors you want. "To what extent" questions will always have an isolated factor.
Reply 12
Also just a heads up, but I'd suggest using this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5272292#primary_content because that's where everything is being discussed.

But the exam is tomorrow, so who knows :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending