The Student Room Group

Which of the examination board papers are the hardest?

Edexel has three variances : 1 2 and 3
then there's AQA, OCR etc
Reply 1
Ofqual puts quite a lot of effort into ensuring that the ones they regulate are all comparable - if the exam is harder then the grade boundaries will be lower.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ZaynBN

AQA Physics is hard compared to the rest of the boards imo
WJEC's language papers are 1000x harder than AQA's :cry:
Reply 4
AQA, because of their strange wordings of basic questions (for science subjects in particular). In my opinion. for Languages OCR is straight forward and easy, for other subject such as Maths they tend to be harder.
Reply 5
I do OCR 21st century and OCR computing, and I think that the papers were well made and generally easy to understand. If you learnt the content, you do well. Ik that a lot of people did AQA science and were quite annoyed about it this year, especially chemistry. I do AQA maths which is decent and AQA English Lit and Lang is also good as there a plenty of resources avaliable
In reality, there’s always an ensured equal playing field due to grade boundaries which differ between boards.
Original post by ZaynBN

CIE
Original post by arizonaidiot
CIE

Yes, CIE beats all.
Reply 9
Original post by arizonaidiot
CIE

too bad i've finished praticing cie past papers..
Thanks a lot though
Original post by kkboyk
AQA, because of their strange wordings of basic questions (for science subjects in particular). In my opinion. for Languages OCR is straight forward and easy, for other subject such as Maths they tend to be harder.

^^ I can’t speak for A-Level as I’m not a science student, but damn they’re causing 15/16 year olds confusion with their science papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending