The Student Room Group

Predictions for Biology Paper 1 AQA 2018?

Anyone have any predictions for the biology exam AQA 2018? My exam is on Tuesday :|

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There will definitely be a question or 2 on food tests cause it is a new topic also microscopy... I’m also thinking that exchanging surfaces will be on it and if u see in the cgp book (if you have it) paper 1 is topics 1-4 (Cell biology, Organisation, Infection and response and bioenergetics).Good luck
(edited 5 years ago)
I think we will definitely be a diagram that you have to annotate either the heart or a microscope
(edited 5 years ago)
Try my practice papers for Biology Paper 1 - 3 exam papers to have a go at!
Reply 4
Original post by alphabetagam
Try my practice papers for Biology Paper 1 - 3 exam papers to have a go at!

How can i access your practice papers? Thank you
Original post by Aasha135
How can i access your practice papers? Thank you

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5356838
Original post by Eashy
There will definitely be a question or 2 on food tests cause it is a new topic also microscopy... I’m also thinking that exchanging surfaces will be on it and if u see in the cgp book (if you have it) paper 1 is topics 1-4 (Cell biology, Organisation, Infection and response and bioenergetics.Good luck

do you reckon well have to know the parts of a microscope
Reply 8
the eye, brain and the CNS are paper 2 aren’t they? I swear they are, pls confirm if possible.
Original post by Eashy
the eye, brain and the CNS are paper 2 aren’t they? I swear they are, pls confirm if possible.

Yes, they are.
Reply 10
Original post by ineeedhellp
do you reckon well have to know the parts of a microscope

No don’t worry thats A-level I think. If there is a microscopy question, it will be on Magnification=image size/actual size, or conversions of units
Reply 11
Original post by alphabetagam
Yes, they are.

oh ok thanks
ok thx what units could we have to change
Reply 13
ok thx what units could we have to change

1km=100m
1m=100cm
1cm=10mm
1mm=1000µ
1µ=1000nm

^^^ There u go 😂
Original post by Eashy
1km=100m
1m=100cm
1cm=10mm
1mm=1000µ
1µ=1000nm

^^^ There u go 😂

thanks for that but im pretty sure you made a slight error in 1km= 100m isnt it 1000m in 1km
Reply 15
Just a quick note for everyone, i was looking at the bio specification and found this:

Fundamental biological concepts and principles Students should have a basic understanding of the following biological principles and be able to apply them in either paper:
The structure and functioning of cells and how they divide by mitosis and meiosis from sections Cell biology and Meiosis.
That variation occurs when gametes fuse at fertilisation from section Sexual and asexual reproduction.
The two essential reactions for life on Earth: photosynthesis and respiration from sections Photosynthetic reaction and Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
Metabolism is the sum of all the reactions happening in a cell or organism, in which molecules are made or broken down from section Metabolism.
All molecules are recycled between the living world and the environment to sustain life from section How materials are cycled. Students should be able to recall and use this knowledge in questions that link different areas of the specification to develop coherent arguments and explanations.

so i imagine that there will be some links between the info in both exams, so better to be familiar with it.
Reply 16
thanks for that but im pretty sure you made a slight error in 1km= 100m isnt it 1000m in 1km

yep sorry haha
Reply 17
so even though meiosis is not officially in paper 1, you still have to know it................
Reply 18
Original post by reuv
Just a quick note for everyone, i was looking at the bio specification and found this:

Fundamental biological concepts and principles Students should have a basic understanding of the following biological principles and be able to apply them in either paper:
The structure and functioning of cells and how they divide by mitosis and meiosis from sections Cell biology and Meiosis.
That variation occurs when gametes fuse at fertilisation from section Sexual and asexual reproduction.
The two essential reactions for life on Earth: photosynthesis and respiration from sections Photosynthetic reaction and Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
Metabolism is the sum of all the reactions happening in a cell or organism, in which molecules are made or broken down from section Metabolism.
All molecules are recycled between the living world and the environment to sustain life from section How materials are cycled. Students should be able to recall and use this knowledge in questions that link different areas of the specification to develop coherent arguments and explanations.

so i imagine that there will be some links between the info in both exams, so better to be familiar with it.

thank you so much for help
Reply 19
Original post by reuv
so even though meiosis is not officially in paper 1, you still have to know it................

yes as other forms of cell division are there such as mitosis and you could easily get asked about meiosis in the process.

Quick Reply

Latest