The Student Room Group

AS OCR Psychology May 14th 2018 (Exam Discussion)

How did everyone find this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what were the 12 markers on this exam?
Reply 2
Original post by KingDEA
How did everyone find this exam?

Really hard
Reply 3
Original post by Lia22
what were the 12 markers on this exam?

correlations
Reply 4
Original post by ella.k00
Really hard

It was indeed
Reply 5
Original post by KingDEA
It was indeed

I mean every other question was easy in the past exam questions and when i did this paper today, I was utterly shattered :frown:
Reply 6
I mean every other question was easy in the past exam questions and when i did this paper today, I was utterly shattered :frown:

which question did u find the hardest?
aw don’t worry if everyone is going to flop they have to lower the grade boundaries alot so don’t stress too much
Reply 7
Original post by KingDEA
which question did u find the hardest?
aw don’t worry if everyone is going to flop they have to lower the grade boundaries alot so don’t stress too much

I struggled with the 12 marker and a few others. It was unbelievable. I really wanted an A, but i dont know anymore :frown:
Reply 8
I struggled with the 12 marker and a few others. It was unbelievable. I really wanted an A, but i dont know anymore :frown:

with the 12marker if u said any of the sampling techniques for the first bullet point like opportunity,random, self-selected etc
the second was like obtain data either thru self report so questionnaire or interview or observations
and the third point you could say any control like giving same instructions, ensuring they had the same experience or even like the type of food or whatever control that could effect your variables would be fine.
If you wrote anything along these lines you will be fine I think.
Reply 9
Im really scared for paper 2 now! I pray its easier!!! That was a very hard paper compared to all the other questions I have done before.
Original post by KingDEA
with the 12marker if u said any of the sampling techniques for the first bullet point like opportunity,random, self-selected etc
the second was like obtain data either thru self report so questionnaire or interview or observations
and the third point you could say any control like giving same instructions, ensuring they had the same experience or even like the type of food or whatever control that could effect your variables would be fine.
If you wrote anything along these lines you will be fine I think.

Im really scared for paper 2 now! I pray its easier!!! That was a very hard paper compared to all the other questions I have done before.
Reply 11

Hopefully it will be. What about the question that was like on Section C some significance level of p<0.005 what did u say about this one?
Reply 13

cheers
was very difficult hoping the grade boundaries are incredibly low
Reply 15
Original post by zahraaa7
was very difficult hoping the grade boundaries are incredibly low

literally out of everyone ive asked, no one said it was an easy test so they will lower the boundaries by a lot I think
what was the question you most struggled with
Reply 17
what was the question you most struggled with

it wasn’t a particular one but like most of them were like inferential statistics and like the academic reports, I waffled so much. But one question I left blank was something with significance level p<0.005
Original post by KingDEA
it wasn’t a particular one but like most of them were like inferential statistics and like the academic reports, I waffled so much. But one question I left blank was something with significance level p<0.005

yes this was similar scenario to me too. However my mind went completely blank on how to reduce social desirability too
Reply 19
yes this was similar scenario to me too. However my mind went completely blank on how to reduce social desirability too

For that one I said u could conduct questionnaires cus they are written questions and you wouldn’t have to talk verbally like face to face to someone and also they could be anonymous so you would get more truthful answers in socially sensitive questions. What did u write?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending