The Student Room Group

Moving schools in year 13

So basically in my school i am surrounded by people who constantly annoy me and stress me out for no reason and i think this has caused me to have these headaches for long periods of time. My stress has also caused my grades to plummet. I recently got offered a place to go another sixth form college for year 13. It would mean a new start and an opportunity to make new friends. However the specifications are different. Should I go?
Reply 1
I changed schools between Y12 and Y13 for family reasons. I tried to find the school that had the most similar examboards but i still had to change Chemistry from AQA to OCR. If you are willing to work harder than your peers it shouldn't be a problem. I ended up getting an A* in OCR chemistry...
Original post by morc13
I changed schools between Y12 and Y13 for family reasons. I tried to find the school that had the most similar exam boards but i still had to change Chemistry from AQA to OCR. If you are willing to work harder than your peers it shouldn't be a problem. I ended up getting an A* in OCR chemistry...

For the sixth form i got offered , all the exam boards are different though. Will it still be an intelligent choice to go?
Reply 3
Original post by TheRealOne123467
For the sixth form i got offered , all the exam boards are different though. Will it still be an intelligent choice to go?

I would consider finding/applying to another Sixth Form that has at least a few exam boards in common.

Changing Sixth Form between Y12 and Y13 is only a smart choice if you really have to. But since you are having a really bad time then it might be a reasonable choice.

Another thing to consider is that some Y13 topics are usually taken in Y12 after the AS exams (in July) and these will vary by school. So you will even have to catch up on topics from Y13 as they will likely not be covered again for a long time. Since you're doing the linear exam boards this has the potential to be even worse.

Will you be taking the AS exams? I advise that you do as it will make getting into other sixth forms easier. Also after you take the exams you should consider transferring to that Sixth Form straight away instead of waiting until September. To avoid the problems I mentioned above with the Y13 topics.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest