The Student Room Group

GIRLS, favourite hair removal method?

I've shaved all my life and i'm so fed up with it. legs and under arms are fine but anywhere else, especially the bikini area ends up itchy, red and sore. not to mention the ingrown hairs, occasional cuts and razor bumps!! plus my hair is very thick and so even when ive shaved you can still see black dots everywhere from the hair under the skin. just wondering what other girls do? i'd like to try waxing but im worried itll really hurt because of how thick my hair is and also i dont like that you have to wait for the hair to grow out to wax again. i'm also considering looking at shaving creams, or epilators?? help!
Original post by Anonymous
I've shaved all my life and i'm so fed up with it. legs and under arms are fine but anywhere else, especially the bikini area ends up itchy, red and sore. not to mention the ingrown hairs, occasional cuts and razor bumps!! plus my hair is very thick and so even when ive shaved you can still see black dots everywhere from the hair under the skin. just wondering what other girls do? i'd like to try waxing but im worried itll really hurt because of how thick my hair is and also i dont like that you have to wait for the hair to grow out to wax again. i'm also considering looking at shaving creams, or epilators?? help!

Personally, I find waxing the best technique. It gets rid of all hairs and doesn’t leave bumps. Plus, the effects of waxing can last for a good week or so.

Waxing hurts the first few times but it's worth it, especially if you have thick hair. It weakens the hair so that with time it's not as bad/hurtful. I've been waxing since I was about 13 (I'm 18 now) and the only problem with waxing for me is the cost. Shaving only strengthens your hair growth so I avoid it at all cost.

I've also thought about looking into epilators so if you decide to do that, I'd appreciate if you could tell me if it works lol
Reply 3
Epilators are amazing! Get waxed first of all, then when small hairs return, epilate. It hurts quite a bit at first but less each time you do it. They work with much shorter and finer hairs than waxing, so you can do it once a week and it avoids the need to be a Hairy Mary before you can wax. Only thing it won't do is underarms, so just shave there. I use mine for arms, pubes (fully smooth) and legs, takes 30mins tops, once a week, including tea tree oil afterwards.
Original post by physics_girl_12
Personally, I find waxing the best technique. It gets rid of all hairs and doesn’t leave bumps. Plus, the effects of waxing can last for a good week or so.

Shaving is the best way because it's affordable and you wont get a disease people don't realize how disgusting waxing is you're spending all that money just to catch something gross it's dumb.

There’s a veet hair removal cream which works pretty well and leaves your skin a lot smoother than if you were to shave. You just apply a layer of it to wherever you want to remove hair, wait 10 mins, and then scrape it off with a little tool that comes with it. I know you can use it for your legs and underarms but i’m not sure if there’s a specific one for bikini line.

Latest