The Student Room Group

Ramadan 2018

Do we start fasting on Tuesday or Wednesday for Ramadan 2018?
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

It is either Wednesday or Thursday; no one can tell you at this point.
nothing has been confirmed yet but most likely wednesday or thursday
nothings been confirmed yet though it's likely said would do theirs on Wednesday. You will find out tommorow after Maghrib hopefully.

Happy Ramadan anyways make use of your time wisley.
it will not be tuesday. it can only be wednesday or thursday. we shall find out tommorow. if saudi announce that tmrw night is taraweeh then we will fast on wednesday. if they don't announce it then that means that wednesday night will be taraweeh and fast will be on thursday.
stay tuned and ou will find out!
Reply 5
Original post by Bookaddict02
it will not be tuesday. it can only be wednesday or thursday. we shall find out tommorow. if saudi announce that tmrw night is taraweeh then we will fast on wednesday. if they don't announce it then that means that wednesday night will be taraweeh and fast will be on thursday.
stay tuned and ou will find out!

What if Saudi say YOLO and we can do Ramadan next year.
Reply 6
Thank you all for the help !! Happy Ramadan to all
Reply 7
Ramadan is not confirmed. Just have to wait ti tmrw to see what saudi says. Anyways, Ramadan mubarak everyone x
Original post by ma_long
What if Saudi say YOLO and we can do Ramadan next year.

then guess there will be no ramadan then.......XD
Reply 9
then guess there will be no ramadan then.......XD

If I was the Saudi King I would do April Fools on you lot and then as soon as you all got happy.......I would unleash the fast!
Original post by ma_long
If I was the Saudi King I would do April Fools on you lot and then as soon as you all got happy.......I would unleash the fast!

but the thing is tho...alo of people including me are the total opposite.
we wouldn't be happy if we got told that there was no ramadan. and as soon as you dropped the bombshell that there was we would all be cheering.
jokes aside..even the saudi kind doesnt have the authority to say that thhere is no ramadan. It happens every year just like christmas does.
we wouldn't be happy if we got told that there was no ramadan. and as soon as you dropped the bombshell that there was we would all be cheering.
jokes aside..even the saudi kind doesnt have the authority to say that thhere is no ramadan. It happens every year just like christmas does.

Islam works on the lunar calendar, so it is dependent on the sighting of the crescent moon. As soon as the new moon hits ramadan is go. I like reading about these kind of things, I'm not muslim myself, but it's an interesting religion.

thats because it's not upto king salman to decide when it is Ramadan, this is a spiritual month from Allah itself therefore it will occur every year without fail regardless if a king deems such a blessed month fit for purpose or not
Original post by blessings566
thats because it's not upto king salman to decide when it is Ramadan, this is a spiritual month from Allah itself therefore it will occur every year without fail regardless if a king deems such a blessed month fit for purpose or not

i know that lol. ofc its from Allah. i was just explaining to the person above as they aint muslim.
Original post by ma_long
Islam works on the lunar calendar, so it is dependent on the sighting of the crescent moon. As soon as the new moon hits ramadan is go. I like reading about these kind of things, I'm not muslim myself, but it's an interesting religion.

yep that is right, so happens every year regardless. and yeah lol it sure is interesting!
Original post by ma_long

let the moon war begin 😂
Great didn't realise it was this soon. Waste of time for me to feel sick and more depressed than usual for a month for nothing to happen. Oh well.
Reply 17
Why is it important to Allah that Muslims eat and drink nothing while it is light and then binge while it is dark?
It's not really "fasting", it's just rearranging the same daily calorie intake.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Why is it important to Allah that Muslims eat and drink nothing while it is light and then binge while it is dark?
It's not really "fasting", it's just rearranging the same daily of calorie intake.

I was thinking wouldn't it make sense to work night shifts for the month (if you could), or if you were on holiday just stay up at night and sleep during the day?
I have exams in ramadan!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending