The Student Room Group

Teacher Training Funding

Hi, I left a teacher training course in November 2017 due to my father suffering health related issues meaning I am now temporarily running his business.

I have just accepted an offer to do a teacher training course in September 2018 and was wondering will I still get student finance funding?

Thanks
Original post by perryrc1
Hi, I left a teacher training course in November 2017 due to my father suffering health related issues meaning I am now temporarily running his business.

I have just accepted an offer to do a teacher training course in September 2018 and was wondering will I still get student finance funding?

Thanks

Hi perryrc1,

What type of Teacher Training course will you be studying? Will it be a PGCE or SCITT course and will you be studying part time or full time?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi perryrc1,

What type of Teacher Training course will you be studying? Will it be a PGCE or SCITT course and will you be studying part time or full time?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

I will be doing a schools direct at Chester University, full time.

Thanks
Original post by perryrc1
Hi Louise,

I will be doing a schools direct at Chester University, full time.

Thanks

Hi perryrc1,

If you are going to be studying a Schools Direct course and it is an non salaried place you would be eligible to receive Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan, Supplementary Grants & DSA's if applicable. Provider must be publicly funded HEP or specifically designated private HEP. We would need evidence from the HEP to confirm the Schools Direct course is non salaried. We would accept a letter from the HEP that confirms this.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending