The Student Room Group

AQA AS Maths (Old Spec) - Pure Core 1 MPC1 *RESIT* - 16 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the AQA C1 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 21%
Good :H 30%
Okay :bebored: 28%
Bad :cry2: 15%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@6%
Total votes: 86

AQA A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Core 1
Date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 1 :crazy:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find the more recent papers here and the older ones here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. You can find the Core 1 materials here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other AQA Exam Threads:
AQA AS Decision 1 (MD01) - 22nd June
AQA A2 Decision 2 (MD02) - 26th June
AQA AS Further Pure 1 (MFP1) - 13th June
AQA A2 Further Pure 2 (MFP2) - 22rd June
AQA A2 Further Pure 3 (MFP3) - 16th May
AQA A2 Further Pure 4 (MFP4) - 23rd May
AQA AS Mechanics 1 (MM1B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 2 (MM2B) - 25th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 3 (MM03) - 6th June
AQA AS Statistics 1 (MS1B) - 6th June
AQA A2 Statistics 2 (MS2B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Statistics 3 (MS03) - 25th June
AQA A2 Statistics 4 (MS04) - 26th June
AQA AS Core 2 (MPC2) - 23rd May
AQA A2 Core 3 (MPC3) - 13th June
AQA A2 Core 4 (MPC4) - 15th June
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the 2017 paper they can send me please? I can swap for c3 or C4 for 2017 thanks.
Bump
It is arriving
Reply 3
Anyone remember how to find perpendicular bisector?
@Protostar You may wanna edit when the exam is....
Original post by Bulletzone

Done :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by Bulletzone

What are you doing for revision?
Original post by MKaur18
What are you doing for revision?

Exam papers :u:
Let's hope they don't screw us over with a super hard paper considering it's the final sitting of this exam >.>
Reply 9
Original post by rafiali99
Let's hope they don't screw us over with a super hard paper considering it's the final sitting of this exam >.>

Yeah... last year was awful ;(
Original post by JJWood
Yeah... last year was awful ;(

Last year was terrible hahaha.
Also, just a thought - do you think the grade boundaries will be higher this year considering there's less people taking the exam? Or will it have no effect whatsoever?
Also, just a thought - do you think the grade boundaries will be higher this year considering there's less people taking the exam? Or will it have no effect whatsoever?

Probably be either high grade boundaries or difficult paper or both because everyone who's sitting it is resitting it, so have done A2 maths now.

Depends on how well everyone does who takes the exam.
Original post by gödel
Probably be either high grade boundaries or difficult paper or both because everyone who's sitting it is resitting it, so have done A2 maths now.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too:frown:

Original post by MKaur18
Depends on how well everyone does who takes the exam.

Yeah and considering everyones doing A2 now I'm sure it'll be high.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too:frown:

Yeah and considering everyones doing A2 now I'm sure it'll be high.

no grade boundaries don't get affected a lot because they take into account how many sit the exam
Reply 15

As others have said, I feel like they might be high as people have had 2 years to revise so will be better :frown: Hopefully not though!
Original post by Ucashelp
no grade boundaries don't get affected a lot because they take into account how many sit the exam

It's to do with how everyone performs. If everyone does well then the grade boundaries will be high, which is likely to be the case as everyone as studied the A2 units now, some have also studied further maths A2 units as well.
Original post by gödel
It's to do with how everyone performs. If everyone does well then the grade boundaries will be high, which is likely to be the case as everyone as studied the A2 units now, some have also studied further maths A2 units as well.

yeah ofc but the grade boundaries wont be affected by a crazy amount just because of less people sitting it its just to do with how people perform thats all
Reply 18
How much marks do you need to get overall for AS and A2 to get an A?
Original post by Ucashelp
yeah ofc but the grade boundaries wont be affected by a crazy amount just because of less people sitting it its just to do with how people perform thats all

Yeahh that's what I meant, the number doesn't matter too much really it's just that lots of people will do better than average for a core 1 paper because there is nobody in their first year of A Levels sitting it this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending