The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Paper 1 - official predictions and how it went

Hey guys use this to predict what may come up and say how you felt it went. Good luck to you all

I believe there will be a focus on health and ethics so im thinking drug trials and stem cell problems for a 6 marker

Scroll to see replies

im thinking a question on monoclonal antibodies might come up or food tests not suree
I hope monoclonal antibodies comes up; I've got that section down so good!
What I don't want to see is food tests... I always get the solutions mixed up.
Reply 3
want food test to come up
Reply 4
Original post by MaSharKo

Yeah i have monoclonal sorted
Does anyone have predictions on the foundation biology paper?
Much appreciated
Reply 6
Original post by Jerma1nee
Does anyone have predictions on the foundation biology paper?
Much appreciated

I dont do foundation but Cell structure comparison i reckon
Original post by josh20019
I dont do foundation but Cell structure comparison i reckon

Yeah, that's what I think as well, thanks, mate :smile:
Reply 8
I think they'll probably ask "Expain the three different plant defence systems", or explain how medical trials are carried out.
Very likely a question about different treatments regarding the heart would also come up...
Original post by MaSharKo

for some fuxking reason i cant remeber this monoclonal antibodies shixt

what is it again? i keep forgetting
Reply 10
Original post by knownasAD
for some fuxking reason i cant remeber this monoclonal antibodies shixt

what is it again? i keep forgetting

Antigens injected into a mouse they create antibodies and fuse tumour cells with antibodies to create hyrbidoma cell that can rapidly divide and scientists can collect the monoclonal antibodies
Antigens injected into a mouse they create antibodies and fuse tumour cells with antibodies to create hyrbidoma cell that can rapidly divide and scientists can collect the monoclonal antibodies

righhhht tank you mate and good luck
Reply 12
Bloody smashed that exams let me not lie. But Biology Paper 2 will be so hard i reckon
Bloody smashed that exams let me not lie. But Biology Paper 2 will be so hard i reckon

triple aqa ??
Reply 14
Original post by mayu123
triple aqa ??

Yes i am
Reply 15
I did triple and it wasn't too hard but I have to say I had to rush on the last few answers about the lipids at the end.
I had 40 minutes to spare?? Slightly concerned about that... Managed to reduce that to 25 mins spare after checking through and correcting/amending things, but still worrying. Overall I feel like I did okay, a couple of questions I bs'd but, there's always some! Let's hope grade boundaries are not ridiculous.
did you discuss all of the food tests for the 6 marker on protein and different types of carbohydrates?????
i only did the protein and starch test (iodine)???
Reply 18
Original post by BobJones789
did you discuss all of the food tests for the 6 marker on protein and different types of carbohydrates?????
i only did the protein and starch test (iodine)???

Just them two dude, also was there a carrot question or was that foundation i dont know if i have skipped it lol
I did all the food tests for the 6 mark one lol

Quick Reply

Latest