The Student Room Group

AQA Biology triple paper 2018 gcse

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Thought it was quite easy except the second question on osmosis;how to measure the concentration of in both egg?
i really didn’t like it
Reply 3
Original post by Endever36
Thought it was quite easy except the second question on osmosis;how to measure the concentration of in both egg?
i said put it in different salt concentrations to see where mass doesn't change any more
I liked it. All the stuff I wanted!
Reply 5
Think you did the same experiment at different concentrations, then the concentration at which the mass of the egg doesn't change is the concentration of the egg.
Reply 6
Actually shocked I had an answer for everything... whether it is right or not who knows ahahha
lol did i acc finish it? lol
Did anyone put the food tests for the testing for proteins or carbohydrates in milk? Bit worried I got it mixed up
Original post by 5000yellow
Did anyone put the food tests for the testing for proteins or carbohydrates in milk? Bit worried I got it mixed up

I put biuret solution for the proteins and then iodine for the carbohydrates because starch is a carbohydrate, right?

I put biuret solution for protein colour change blue to pink or purple. Iodine solution for starch colour change browny orange to black or blue. And I also did sugar so Benedict solution colour changes from blue to green orange or brick red depending on how much reducing sugars
It was sooo difficult! I expected a question about diabetes or the brain

I said buirette for protein which turns pink
And then carbohydrate (starch) I said iodine which turns blue black
Same with me! I put the biuret benedict and iodine but missed Sudan III since it’s completely different. Put all the colours and how to do it just in case. How’s you find the rest of the paper?
Reply 14
Very unusual
i did that as well! I put the glucose one as that is classed as a carbohydrate. The last page was the only one that had me a bit baffled but the rest of the paper was really good, i could't of asked for a better exam.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by will null
I put biuret solution for the proteins and then iodine for the carbohydrates because starch is a carbohydrate, right?

Ahh I put Benedict's solution instead of Iodine! I wonder what will do down...
Reply 17
Lol I did ****.
Original post by imogendale
i really didn’t like it

Couldn't agree more
Original post by DeadlyInventive
Ahh I put Benedict's solution instead of Iodine! I wonder what will do down...

Ah unfortunate. Hopefully you did alright in general though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending