The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE biology 1 (higher tier)

How did you find this paper today? I really struggled with the monoclonal antibodies question, I knew how to get them from animals but I had no idea about plants ☹️

Scroll to see replies

i don't think you have to get them from plant, i think you just inject the PVY into a rat and make monoclonical antibodies from that.
Reply 2
Inject protein into rat to stimulate rate B lymphocytes to produce antibodies. Obtain rat lymphocytes and combine them with tumour cell to form hybridoma. Hybridoma divides and produces monoclonal antibodies which are specific to the antigen of the virus. Collect and purify antibodies. :smile:
I put that as well Roy09!
Original post by Roy09
Inject protein into rat to stimulate rate B lymphocytes to produce antibodies. Obtain rat lymphocytes and combine them with tumour cell to form hybridoma. Hybridoma divides and produces monoclonal antibodies which are specific to the antigen of the virus. Collect and purify antibodies. :smile:
Boom! 😂
Reply 5
any1 know what calculation you had to do for how much extra milk u obtained?
Original post by Lozzylouise
How did you find this paper today? I really struggled with the monoclonal antibodies question, I knew how to get them from animals but I had no idea about plants ☹️

I only realised right at the end 😂. What did everyone out for that child with CF having a slower growth rate
Original post by Navan-pradeesh
I only realised right at the end 😂. What did everyone out for that child with CF having a slower growth rate

If the pancreas was blocked, less enzymes, less food broken down, less glucose so less respiration and less energy for growth? And for the lungs, less oxygen and less respiration so less energy for growth
Original post by kayao

Divide how much you needed by how much was in 500cm^3 then times by 500. That’s how much you need to drink to get your daily intake. Work that out for the two things and find the difference x
Omdsss tht was acc hard yano ... what did u put for the question abt what molecules make up genes or sumfin i put dna molecules but some smart guy in my year sed it was some sugar substarre of somebing
Reply 10
Original post by sxira2091
Omdsss tht was acc hard yano ... what did u put for the question abt what molecules make up genes or sumfin i put dna molecules but some smart guy in my year sed it was some sugar substarre of somebing

I put DNA as well
Reply 11
Original post by Navan-pradeesh

Oh no, don’t worry about it
Reply 12
Original post by rachel_jayne_x
Divide how much you needed by how much was in 500cm^3 then times by 500. That’s how much you need to drink to get your daily intake. Work that out for the two things and find the difference x

Oh... well I got that one wrong then 😂
Reply 13
Original post by sxira2091

I put down that it's a protein
Reply 14
Original post by Jos371371
i don't think you have to get them from plant, i think you just inject the PVY into a rat and make monoclonical antibodies from that.

In the end I said that you have to inject the protein into a rat and then I just said about fusing the lymphocytes with the tumour cross and all that. Not sure if that was right though...
Reply 15
Original post by Roy09

I’m not sure my answer was as specific as that because I ran out of time and had to rush ☹️
Original post by x.beheshta
I put down that it's a protein

I also put down that its a protein.
I feel like I messed up on the Maths questions even though i'm good at Maths. I hate biology.
Original post by kayao

i got like 560
the chicken egg was so unnecessary, why didn't they just use a potato like normal??
Original post by rachel_jayne_x

Did you get something along the lines of 590 ish??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending