The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics: Core Mathematics C1 6663 01 - 16 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the Edexcel C1 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 20%
Good :H 27%
Okay :bebored: 30%
Bad :cry2: 16%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@8%
Total votes: 277

Edexcel AS Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Core 1
Date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: It's done! :woohoo:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find all Edexcel Maths past papers [url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level&Qualification-Subject=Mathematics%20(2008)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2F9371"]here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. Materials for C1 can be found here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C3
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
Edexcel AS Statistics S1
Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
Edexcel A2 Decision Maths D2
Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP3
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Protostar

Edexcel AS Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Core 1
Date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 70

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find all Edexcel Maths past papers [url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level&Qualification-Subject=Mathematics%20(2008)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2F9371"]here

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. Materials for C1 can be found here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C3
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
Edexcel AS Statistics S1
Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
Edexcel A2 Decision Maths D2
Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP3

Hello there,
Thank you for making this thread, first of all. :smile:
Can we ask our doubts in specific questions over here?
Original post by Mini101
Hello there,
Thank you for making this thread, first of all. :smile:
Can we ask our doubts in specific questions over here?

Sure!!
anyone done all the edexcel papers yet? hoping to move on solomon soon
Hi guys! Do you think this year they will give us a nice paper or will they make it hard? Considering it’s only the retakes doing as the year below are doing the new A-Level :frown: ?!
Original post by juliakoczij
Hi guys! Do you think this year they will give us a nice paper or will they make it hard? Considering it’s only the retakes doing as the year below are doing the new A-Level :frown: ?!

normal tbh.
You ready guys?:redface:
Original post by Azooz10555
You ready guys?:redface:

Noo. still finishing off solomon papers.

you??
Reply 8
Won't the grade boundaries be really high this year coz only year 13's are taking it?
Reply 9
Original post by OPX348
Won't the grade boundaries be really high this year coz only year 13's are taking it?

Exam boards are aware of the low entry numbers so will make sure grade boundaries aren't affected by this and the higher calibre of students. You don't need to worry.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notnek
Exam boards are aware of the low entry numbers so will make sure grade boundaries aren't affected by this and the higher calibre of students. You on't need to worry.

oh yeahh forgot about this

it will be fine i hope

thanks
Reply 11
Where did you get this info from? If it's true that's kind of a relief.
Original post by OPX348

im a year 12 student taking C1 and C2...
Reply 13
Oh fair enough i thought we were the last year to do the old spec.
i live in the UAE maybe things r different here..so i bet there is like 40 people sitting this exam from here as year 12 so i hope they dont bump up the grade boundaries.
Original post by OPX348

I'm a year 12 and apparently have been entered for C1, C2 and S1 anyone know if there is any point in me showing up to this exam tomorrow? (Haven't been told anything about only year 13's taking it)

Been resolved.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JWilson7
I'm a year 12 and apparently have been entered for C1, C2 and S1 anyone know if there is any point in me showing up to this exam tomorrow? (Haven't been told anything about only year 13's taking it)

Thanks

you should be doing the new spec. Why are you questioning about this a day before the exam? lol. You should've asked someones when you got the time table
Original post by JWilson7

Been resolved.

your not the only one bud
Original post by Yo ya boy
you should be doing the new spec. Why are you questioning about this a day before the exam? lol. You should've asked someones when you got the time table

I was not told anything about the new specification from my sixth form, however the issue has been resolved now.
Reply 19
what are the asymptotes for a 2/x?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending