The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Paper 1 15th May - Feelings, Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibbyk2001
yup

Actually understood biology because of that woman
Original post by Katiellidge
Actually understood biology because of that woman

lol same. not all heroes wear capes
lol same. not all heroes wear capes

Unsung hero of our generation
Original post by Katiellidge
Unsung hero of our generation

indeed.
Reply 44
Done quite a lot for this exam but still feeling unprepared haha
Just a thought. I think health will be on simply because its what's been prominent in the news lately. Alcohol, drugs and prevention rather than cure maybe. This is what my granddaughter thinks who is doing biology this afternoon.
just a few hours now before the exam.....
jeez
sooooo.......
How'd it go?
How'd it go?

I did Higher Triple. Went average. First bit threw me a little, eggs questions were easy. Heart rate trial/investigation easy 6 marks if you wrote something plausible. ****ed the monoclonal antibodies a bit. Forgot that magnesium is needed to make chlorophyll, still wrote about lack of photosynthesis and therefore glucose + cellulose production. Milk questions were friendly. Reckon I was between 80-90 marks.
Original post by wilksojack14
I did Higher Triple. Went average. First bit threw me a little, eggs questions were easy. Heart rate trial/investigation easy 6 marks if you wrote something plausible. ****ed the monoclonal antibodies a bit. Forgot that magnesium is needed to make chlorophyll, still wrote about lack of photosynthesis and therefore glucose + cellulose production. Milk questions were friendly. Reckon I was between 80-90 marks.

I did combined higher. can't complain, easier than I expected
Original post by Fazzy_77
I have a feeling about food tests and maybe digestive system. I hope theres a marker about how blood moves through the heart, but i doubt it.

Little did you know??

lol u win
the predictions on this thread were MAD

u guys beat AQA lol
Original post by sonnyboy123455
Little did you know??

lol u win

lol. that was probs my fave question. Feel like i messed everything else up though :frown:

What was the answer to that egg one where it said how would you find the concentration of the solution inside the eggs??? That messed me up.
What was the answer to that egg one where it said how would you find the concentration of the solution inside the eggs??? That messed me up.

I think you had to test at a variety of concentrations and then draw a graph plotting mass change against concentration. Using a line of best fit, find the concentration at which there is no overall mass change- that was the concentration inside the egg.

Oh my god yeah same
I just completely left it in the end with a whole bunch of other questions

What did you get in your mocks?
Grade boundaries predictions? I'm reckoning like 80 for a 9, 75 for an 8, and 65ish for a 7
Original post by Doughnuts2002
Oh my god yeah same
I just completely left it in the end with a whole bunch of other questions

What did you get in your mocks?

I got 78 marks on the Biology specimen 1 (set 2). That was a 9. I am predicting for this exam-
80-85- 9
70-75- 8
65-70- 7
55-60- 6
40-50- 5
30-35- 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending