The Student Room Group

Whole class thinks i'm stupid

yeh as the title says everyone in my class thinks i'm too stupid and going to fail my AS-levels , my teacher literally came up to me and said "don't be disappointed if you come out with an E or a U"

someone help me out here because i'm stressing so hard for my exams in two weeks and i honestly feel so stupid compared to my class mates even though i revise but i get C's and D's and everyone else gets A* and A's :smile:

it's gotten to a point where i can't even sleep at night or eat anything because i'm constantly upset/worried :smile:
Reply 1
those are supposed to be :frown:

can't even focus straight
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Hi,
I just wanted to remind you that your A-level results aren't everything. I left sixthform in 2016 with only 2 A-levels ( Grades C and D) and i'm studying Biomedical science at uni right now. I experienced the same as you at school so my advice for you is just to focus on your revision, work as hard as you can, improve your revision technique and really try to prove those people wrong.
If you don't do well, its not the end of the world and possibilities are out there for people who don't excel in their A-levels (foundations years and UCAS clearing for example)
Most importantly, your health should always come before any academic achievement and your grades do not define who you are or your success as a person. Don't let the pressure of your friends and teachers put you off.
Good luck!
xx
Original post by Anonymous
those are supposed to be :frown:

can't even focus straight

lol..you need to relax and just study..if you truly do have learning difficulties or disabilities I'm sure you'd be placed in classes at that level or sent to a tutor or followed around by an aid or something
mate I was in your position last year I'm in A2 now. trust me inna weird way AS is harder.Get the CGP guides don't listen to what anyone says if they do a CGP guide on your subjects get it , they tell you all that you need to know and nthibg more it will simplify the subject so much more for you.some teacher says they aren't good enough but they will get y
ou an A
Reply 6
Original post by GLeigh
Hi,
I just wanted to remind you that your A-level results aren't everything. I left sixthform in 2016 with only 2 A-levels ( Grades C and D) and i'm studying Biomedical science at uni right now. I experienced the same as you at school so my advice for you is just to focus on your revision, work as hard as you can, improve your revision technique and really try to prove those people wrong.
If you don't do well, its not the end of the world and possibilities are out there for people who don't excel in their A-levels (foundations years and UCAS clearing for example)
Most importantly, your health should always come before any academic achievement and your grades do not define who you are or your success as a person. Don't let the pressure of your friends and teachers put you off.
Good luck!
xx

yeh i doubt my parents would let that happen , they're pretty strict
Reply 7
Original post by Bang Outta Order
lol..you need to relax and just study..if you truly do have learning difficulties or disabilities I'm sure you'd be placed in classes at that level or sent to a tutor or followed around by an aid or something

it's just hard when your own teacher says that you are going to fail :frown:
If your teacher is being hard on you with your grades etc, is there another teacher you could go see to help you out? Or even talk to your teacher privately about doing some extra work, or even suggest where you should focus your revision on? For revising, you really need to focus on what you don't/ aren't 100% sure on. Different methods of revising such as posters, podcasts, YouTube videos, post-it notes, flashcards etc are a really useful way to engage your brain and make sure it works and remembers as much stuff as possible.

If you want anymore in-depth ideas about how to revise/ work around this situation, please feel free to private message me, and I'll try to help you as much as I can. Hope this helps somewhat :smile:
it's just hard when your own teacher says that you are going to fail :frown:

screw her, she aint psychic
mate I was in your position last year I'm in A2 now. trust me inna weird way AS is harder.Get the CGP guides don't listen to what anyone says if they do a CGP guide on your subjects get it , they tell you all that you need to know and nthibg more it will simplify the subject so much more for you.some teacher says they aren't good enough but they will get y
ou an A

all i do is past papers but i make too many silly mistakes
Original post by Bang Outta Order
screw her, she aint psychic

no one really believes in me tbh

Original post by randint
What subjects do you do?

biology chemistry and psychology , it's just chemistry that i feel like this

Original post by Noonieiom
If your teacher is being hard on you with your grades etc, is there another teacher you could go see to help you out? Or even talk to your teacher privately about doing some extra work, or even suggest where you should focus your revision on? For revising, you really need to focus on what you don't/ aren't 100% sure on. Different methods of revising such as posters, podcasts, YouTube videos, post-it notes, flashcards etc are a really useful way to engage your brain and make sure it works and remembers as much stuff as possible.

If you want anymore in-depth ideas about how to revise/ work around this situation, please feel free to private message me, and I'll try to help you as much as I can. Hope this helps somewhat :smile:

i've tried everything yet i always make silly mistakes which reduces my marks , i just feel really stupid
believe in yourself then
Mate you go prove everyone wrong and put in 100% so you can’t be disappointed
i'm starting to have doubts though especially when it's been like this for months now , it starts to add up

Original post by AkshayManjunath
Mate you go prove everyone wrong and put in 100% so you can’t be disappointed

i'm starting to have doubts though especially when it's been like this for months now , it starts to add up
no one really believes in me tbh

biology chemistry and psychology , it's just chemistry that i feel like this

i've tried everything yet i always make silly mistakes which reduces my marks , i just feel really stupid

I really don't think you should feel stupid, it's the people who are laughing at you now that will feel stupid if you put the effort in for this last push. It's going to sound odd, you really should just focus on you, don't worry about the teacher (who sounds like a right **** -I can't swear on here). You keep your head down and really focus on what you want to, if you don't understand something, THAT IS OKAY! You are not going to understand every little detail, you just make sure that you have a good understanding of as most of the stuff you can, and if some of the stuff you don't 100% understand comes up, what are you gonna do? You right the best logical answer you can, or leave it until the end, and do the questions you can do.

Build you confidence up through the paper, this will help your brain get kick-started, and should hopefully help you answer other questions.

Take it from me mate, having bad mental health is a killer around exam time, but you have you fight through, show them what you are made off.
Original post by Noonieiom
I really don't think you should feel stupid, it's the people who are laughing at you now that will feel stupid if you put the effort in for this last push. It's going to sound odd, you really should just focus on you, don't worry about the teacher (who sounds like a right **** -I can't swear on here). You keep your head down and really focus on what you want to, if you don't understand something, THAT IS OKAY! You are not going to understand every little detail, you just make sure that you have a good understanding of as most of the stuff you can, and if some of the stuff you don't 100% understand comes up, what are you gonna do? You right the best logical answer you can, or leave it until the end, and do the questions you can do.

Build you confidence up through the paper, this will help your brain get kick-started, and should hopefully help you answer other questions.

Take it from me mate, having bad mental health is a killer around exam time, but you have you fight through, show them what you are made off.

ok thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest