The Student Room Group

Any non muslims wanna try fasting for this ramadam?

Or whatever it's called.

I wanna try it lol how does it work? When do you fast and for how long? Fasting is good for everyone, not just muslims. Who's with me?! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

it is a great way for losing weight , go for it

(i'm a Muslim so i do it anyway)
I'd love to try it but I can't for health reasons :frown:
Skip lunch? Sod that.
Ramadan*

Is it that difficult to spell?
Original post by Ray_Shadows

ok so when does it start and when you start fasting and start eating can you post here and let me know, I wanna try it. I've fasted before if you call having no food fasting lol.

#FastingChallenge
Ramadan my mistake
Reply 7
So you ha

Original post by Bang Outta Order
ok so when does it start and when you start fasting and start eating can you post here and let me know, I wanna try it. I've fasted before if you call having no food fasting lol.

#FastingChallenge

So you start at sunrise, from that point no more eating, then you don't have food OR water until sunset. I believe it starts on this Thursday (the 17th of may)
Original post by Sulfolobus
Skip lunch? Sod that.

aw come on lol
Nah, the Ramadan way isn’t healthy, that’s why lots of Muslims put on weight during that month. If you want real health benefits then a lot of studies suggest that intermittent fasting is the way to go.
Or whatever it's called.

I wanna try it lol how does it work? When do you fast and for how long? Fasting is good for everyone, not just muslims. Who's with me?! :biggrin:

Original post by rrr999
So you ha

So you start at sunrise, from that point no more eating, then you don't have food OR water until sunset. I believe it starts on this Thursday (the 17th of may)

hmm..I can do no food but no water as well, jesus..good it's thursday because I already failed, I had two cups of h20 just now but no food

cheers, from sun up to sun down, thought it was all day everyday till its over...
Reply 12
Roughly around 3am to 9pm
Original post by Ray_Shadows

I see a lot of muslims say they put on weight though? :redface:
plus if you are eating loads at night then you won't lose anymore weight than if you were eating loads in the day
Original post by Rafay19
Roughly around 3am to 9pm

oh...thought it was sunrise to sunset which I can do :colonhash:
Not really. Doing for 14 hrs a day with a massive pig out at sunset is easy.

I've done 7 day fasts (with water) - that's much harder.
Original post by CoolCavy
plus if you are eating loads at night then you won't lose anymore weight than if you were eating loads in the day

i don't stuff myself with food when times up that's probably why

plus if you eat healthy during the time you fast then it helps alot
Reply 17
If you see the two purple columns, the one that says "Suhur" (Pre-dawn) means when you start fasting, any time before that you can eat. "Iftar" (Sunset) is when you can break your fast. Ignore day 1 as Ramadan is starting at the 17th this year and this calendar was made before it was confirmed. Ramadan lasts for an entire month and finishes on Eid day when you are not allowed to fast. This date is not confirmed yet and will be confirmed near the end of Ramadan when the new moon is sighted in Saudi Arabia. http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/sites/default/files/ELM-Ramadan-timetable-2018_0.jpg
It's London Time
Or whatever it's called.

It's from dawn to sunset. It's very inspirational that you would like to try it out, by no means is it easy, it's definitely a struggle, but a struggle worthwhile.
Original post by CoolCavy

that is very true cavy i was just thinking, "I know fat muslims though.."

but it's worth the challenge I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending