The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried/nervous about GCSEs

Hey everyone, I've done a couple of exams already and I'm a bit nervous because I can't stop thinking whether I've got an A or an A*.

Does anyone here feel like this too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no
forget about its is gone
Reply 2
I’ve done two: RS and Biology.
Now, I’m predicted a straight set of 9s.
This makes it seem like I’m some sort of genius that has no need to stress or to frantically revise, but that is certainly not true! If anything, I’m under a hell of a lot of pressure. What I’ve been trying to convince myself is that a year from now it won’t matter. It doesn’t make me a worse person if I don’t get all 9s. As long as you pass, no one actually cares what you get. It’s not like you’re not going to be accepted into college because they have to accept you, and you’ll most likely have forgotten all about your results when you’re at college anyway.
Just don’t stress and enjoy your last weeks of school. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Interea
I sat my GCSEs last year and I was definitely starting to get nervous about that at this point. Don’t worry, you soon begin to get used to it, and instead end up just thinking about what exams you’ve got next. As was said before, the exams you’ve done are finished now, you’ve done the best you can, and now your time is better spent preparing to do the same in the rest of them.

Good luck and stay calm! :smile:

I feel ready for most of my exams, I'm just aiming for 10 A*s so I'm a bit anxious, I don't want A's ;-;
Reply 4
Original post by epaul
I’ve done two: RS and Biology.
Now, I’m predicted a straight set of 9s.
This makes it seem like I’m some sort of genius that has no need to stress or to frantically revise, but that is certainly not true! If anything, I’m under a hell of a lot of pressure. What I’ve been trying to convince myself is that a year from now it won’t matter. It doesn’t make me a worse person if I don’t get all 9s. As long as you pass, no one actually cares what you get. It’s not like you’re not going to be accepted into college because they have to accept you, and you’ll most likely have forgotten all about your results when you’re at college anyway.
Just don’t stress and enjoy your last weeks of school. Good luck!

I'm predicted A* except for re and English language and Literature.

I feel you, let's continue to give our best and achieve those grades! Hopefully we've achieved them ;D
ive done 3 and nerves have gone a bit more calm nonetheless muist revise beforehand asap we are lucky to have half term slap bang in the middle
Reply 6
Original post by PrazzPrazz
ive done 3 and nerves have gone a bit more calm nonetheless muist revise beforehand asap we are lucky to have half term slap bang in the middle

I did 7 exams already, 25 to go. It's kinda stressful and it'll be even more until the results day...
Original post by martimrgp
I did 7 exams already, 25 to go. It's kinda stressful and it'll be even more until the results day...

holy **** i did 4 and have 21 to go
I agree ive given up on GCSE after the RS and biology exam

honestly dont be stressed think about ur next exams not ones you've already done that way its out of your mind do activities to forget about it
Reply 10
holy **** i did 4 and have 21 to go

I'm doing 2 A levels and 14 GCSE's, that's why I have so many (I'm in year 11 btw). You're almost there, only a month to go!
Original post by anonymous69gcse

what board r u for RS and biology i did both mines yesterday n today mines r both AQA
Reply 12
Original post by anonymous69gcse

Don't give up, it's never too late to start!
Reply 13
honestly dont be stressed think about ur next exams not ones you've already done that way its out of your mind do activities to forget about it

My hardest exams will finish this week (pe and unit 2 computer science), I'm focused in my next subjects however the anxiety is starting to build up as I do an exam and then another :v
Don't give up, it's never too late to start!

no its never just go full out ik the RS test was quite hard if u did AQA
Reply 15
what board r u for RS and biology i did both mines yesterday n today mines r both AQA

I heard AQA was a great board, I'm stuck with wjec -_-
I heard AQA was a great board, I'm stuck with wjec -_-

not rly AQA rs was quite harsh they placed most unexpected
Reply 17
no its never just go full out ik the RS test was quite hard if u did AQA

I'm doing RS exam tomorrow in wjec, I admit, it's the only subject that I don't care about 😂
I'm worried because I'll probably fail. if I got my results back with an A or A* I would be over the moon. there's nothing to worry about mate
Reply 19
not rly AQA rs was quite harsh they placed most unexpected

AQA tests seem to be more challenging, something that most exam boards lack of.

Quick Reply

Latest