The Student Room Group

AS OCR Sociology Paper 1

How did people find the first paper of sociology??
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

First question was cultural diversity
I found it pretty good, got nervous and ****ed up the first 4 marker though which is irritating.
How did you find the 20 marker? I wrote 4 paragraphs on Dworkin, Poponoe, Beck and Plummer with critiques.
Reply 3
Original post by Amha
How did people find the first paper of sociology??

i was surprised by the 12 marks on youths and cultures. i did the media unit, did anyone else?
Original post by dab4jesus420
I found it pretty good, got nervous and ****ed up the first 4 marker though which is irritating.
How did you find the 20 marker? I wrote 4 paragraphs on Dworkin, Poponoe, Beck and Plummer with critiques.

Did you do the 20marker for families
Original post by Amha

I spoke about parsons murdock and popenoe and weeks for the families twenty marker
Original post by awt_j
i was surprised by the 12 marks on youths and cultures. i did the media unit, did anyone else?

Yes i spoke about globalisation and how it effects people mcluhan global village. However, i didnt know what to write for the 6 market
Reply 7
Original post by Amha
Yes i spoke about globalisation and how it effects people mcluhan global village. However, i didnt know what to write for the 6 market

i said about activities and their appearance
Original post by awt_j
i said about activities and their appearance

I just spoke about globalisation as the children were looking at the computer and adopting the different cultures. I didn’t know what to put down next so i left it but the other questions were decent.
Reply 9
Original post by Amha
I just spoke about globalisation as the children were looking at the computer and adopting the different cultures. I didn’t know what to put down next so i left it but the other questions were decent.

it felt harder than all the past papers ngl
Original post by awt_j
it felt harder than all the past papers ngl

Yhhh the first bit was a total mess but the second bit was fab
Reply 11
Original post by Amha
Yhhh the first bit was a total mess but the second bit was fab

agreed! im looking forward to research methods and social inequalities... wonder what will come up?
Original post by awt_j
agreed! im looking forward to research methods and social inequalities... wonder what will come up?

Probably social class inequality. If that comes up i will be sooo happy. Actually i dont really care what ever comes up we’ll be prepared 😂😂😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Amha

yeah
yeah

That was a saviour
Original post by Amha
That was a saviour

yeah it was nice, felt a bit foreign to all the practise papers though, the answer seemed a bit more clear cut in those, while the actual question felt a bit more up for interpretation.
yeah it was nice, felt a bit foreign to all the practise papers though, the answer seemed a bit more clear cut in those, while the actual question felt a bit more up for interpretation.

Yh thats true

However the first section question could have been nicer
Original post by Amha
However the first section question could have been nicer

Yeah, hopefully if a lot of people messed up then the grade boundaries will be a bit lower than usual.
Yeah, hopefully if a lot of people messed up then the grade boundaries will be a bit lower than usual.

Ocr did a mad one though cultural diversity for the whole of section one

Quick Reply

Latest