The Student Room Group

Unofficial Mark Scheme for Biology Paper 1 Edexcel GCSE Combined Higher

What answers did you get in your exam?

Scroll to see replies

For the BMI and waist to hip ratio question I put person B is healthy
Reply 2
Original post by Alegbekemu
For the BMI and waist to hip ratio question I put person B is healthy

Yeah because of the muscle weighing more than the fat. What about the magnification one?
Original post by ac.pr
Yeah because of the muscle weighing more than the fat. What about the magnification one?

Did you answer for person A with a bmi of 22 or person B with a Bmi of 27??
Original post by ac.pr

I just put multiply the eyepiece lens by the objective
Original post by ac.pr

did they ask you to say which one was more healthy? i swear they just said to explain what male A's weight distribution was.
i talked about him not being obese due to like you said the muscle fat, and i talked about how i worked it out using the wasit:hip ratio. but i didnt say that B was more healthy. im scared now
Reply 6

You had to work out the magnification of the two lenses I think it was 3 marks and the total magnification was x400. That one?
Reply 7
Original post by Bookaddict02
did they ask you to say which one was more healthy? i swear they just said to explain what male A's weight distribution was.
i talked about him not being obese due to like you said the muscle fat, and i talked about how i worked it out using the wasit:hip ratio. but i didnt say that B was more healthy. im scared now

Yh it only said describe the weight distribution
Original post by _.SS021
Yh it only said describe the weight distribution

right kay/ phew
what did u guys get for the subcellular structure of potatoe and the leaf question
Reply 10
I basically put One has chloroplast and one doesn’t put in a longer sentence
what did u guys get for the subcellular structure of potatoe and the leaf question

I said that the leaves have chlorophyll, which makes it green because it needs to be photosynthesised, and the potato doesn't have chlorophyll because it isn't green. What did you put? Chlorophyll is a subcellular organelle right?

What did you put for the poppies and genetically modified yeast??
Original post by Hhhjj
I basically put One has chloroplast and one doesn’t put in a longer sentence

Could you have put chlorophyll?
Reply 13
right kay/ phew

Was there a question about punnet squares, some gene stuff because I keep on seeing everyone talk about it???
Reply 14
Original post by ReadilySalted
Could you have put chlorophyll?

Yh I think so cos tbh (mostly) anything inside a cell is a sub cellular structure
Original post by Hhhjj
Yh I think so cos tbh (mostly) anything inside a cell is a sub cellular structure

what about stomata?
Original post by _.SS021
Was there a question about punnet squares, some gene stuff because I keep on seeing everyone talk about it???

punnet squares? are sure they are on about edexcel combined bio p1?? they didnt come in. but stuff about the human genome project came in

For that question I was confused whether they were asking me for talk about the stomota or normal plant cell. I wrote about normal plant cell because stomota is in paper 2 (I hope anyways)
Reply 18
punnet squares? are sure they are on about edexcel combined bio p1?? they didnt come in. but stuff about the human genome project came in

It is in B1 I never saw the question but every forum I go to says there was but I think they were doing separate or foundation
Original post by sultanas
For that question I was confused whether they were asking me for talk about the stomota or normal plant cell. I wrote about normal plant cell because stomota is in paper 2 (I hope anyways)

sh*t. i wrote stomata. coz you find that in leafs and not potatoes. omg i wrote it right at the end. 1 sec before the invagilater said put pens down. i think i mustve even spelt it as stomato coz of how much i was rushing.i seriously messed up/my.life.is.over

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending