The Student Room Group

Biology 2018 AQA triple higher 15th May test was Medium-hard for me

The test was alright but for the food test i put iodine solution instead of benedicts solution T^T
How did you guys do?
Im pretty sure i lost like 20 marks
(edited 5 years ago)
Do you mean for the milk investigation?
Original post by gracielyons15
Do you mean for the milk investigation?

yea
Original post by Theextremefish
yea

I got mixed up and wrote about adding a protease enzyme to digest the protein lol
I got mixed up and wrote about adding a protease enzyme to digest the protein lol

RIP
But its fine as long as you do good overall on the test and i think you still get method marks if you make a method
RIP
But its fine as long as you do good overall on the test and i think you still get method marks if you make a method

Yes I think so, as long as the experiment could viably be carried out I can still get half marks at least :smile:
Yes I think so, as long as the experiment could viably be carried out I can still get half marks at least :smile:

Yep just be confident
THE CF question was dead easy tbh
It was good and bad at the same time am actually not gonna liend. I think I didn't really do justice to the 6 mark questions. Plus the fact that most of the things I revised for didn't really come out. There were just lots of investigations and tables to derive answers from, which are not really my favourite things to do. I feel bad cause I absolutely love biology but I don't think I did as well as I wanted to do.
The test was alright but for the food test i put iodine solution instead of benedicts solution T^T
How did you guys do?

you can use iodine indicator which will turn black if starch is present and starch is a carbohydrate
Original post by BenHeath01
you can use iodine indicator which will turn black if starch is present and starch is a carbohydrate

You might have had to put both because it said different types of carbohydrates
Original post by Chidera Missy
It was good and bad at the same time am actually not gonna liend. I think I didn't really do justice to the 6 mark questions. Plus the fact that most of the things I revised for didn't really come out. There were just lots of investigations and tables to derive answers from, which are not really my favourite things to do. I feel bad cause I absolutely love biology but I don't think I did as well as I wanted to do.

same i was menat to take this for a level and minimum entry requirements for my school is a 7, idk if ive got that
Original post by jamesbabahmadi
THE CF question was dead easy tbh

Yea i'm kinda confident with that one
Using benedict solution will not help ur investigation because this indicator detects sugars which are not carbohydrates they broken down carbohydrates so the indicator will not change colour to brick red and will not help u detect carbohydrates so u had to use burette to detect protein which will turn blue to purple if it is present and to use iodine solution like I've said
How did you guys do?

All of the people that took the AQA paper found it hard so have faith in the low grade boundaries.

Quick Reply