The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Paper 1 15th May - Feelings, Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wilksojack14
I think you had to test at a variety of concentrations and then draw a graph plotting mass change against concentration. Using a line of best fit, find the concentration at which there is no overall mass change- that was the concentration inside the egg.

Well i got that completely wrong then... whoops
Original post by Fazzy_77
Well i got that completely wrong then... whoops

What did you write?
I got 78 marks on the Biology specimen 1 (set 2). That was a 9. I am predicting for this exam-
80-85- 9
70-75- 8
65-70- 7
55-60- 6
40-50- 5
30-35- 4

Good job!!!
What did you write?

I wrote that you should measure the change in mass for each egg and whichever one has the highest change in mass would've had the highest concentration of solution inside. oh well, nothing can be done now anyways.
Reply 64
I got 78 marks on the Biology specimen 1 (set 2). That was a 9. I am predicting for this exam-
80-85- 9
70-75- 8
65-70- 7
55-60- 6
40-50- 5
30-35- 4

those grade boundaries seem really good for me if that's the case - good chance i would've gotten a 9!
Reply 66

oh - that's a good thread! i think i got 80% minimum so nice
Original post by EverythingChina
Simple way to get grade 6 minimum:

REVISE MARK SCHEME.

3 marker question: 3 simple logical sentences.
4 marker question: 4 simple logical sentences.
5 marker question: 5 simple logical sentences
6 marker question: 6 simple logical sentences

it is as simple as that.

I wish it was that simple XD The sentences still have to correct with the question otherwise you will get no marks so you still gotta do a **** ton of revision.
Reply 68
Time to revise chemistry!
Original post by dannyy_
Time to revise chemistry!

lol I said that myself 2hrs ago. still havent opened my notes
the only thing on my mind right now is boiled carrots
Original post by ibbyk2001
the only thing on my mind right now is boiled carrots

What is this boiled carrots question?? I never did one - did I miss it out by accident??
Reply 72
Original post by Doughnuts2002
What is this boiled carrots question?? I never did one - did I miss it out by accident??

think it was on higher combined because i didn’t do it either and i do trilogy
Original post by Doughnuts2002

yh it was on higher combined
Dude the carrot question was so confusing, it’s gonna be a meme soon judging by the amount of tweets of it.
Reply 75
Original post by AT-2001
Dude the carrot question was so confusing, it’s gonna be a meme soon judging by the amount of tweets of it.

sounds awful im glad it wasn’t on the separate science paper...what did it actually ask?
Original post by blackthrn
think it was on higher combined because i didn’t do it either and i do trilogy

Original post by ibbyk2001
yh it was on higher combined

Oh ok thank you
I was really stressing that I had missed a questions
Original post by blackthrn
sounds awful im glad it wasn’t on the separate science paper...what did it actually ask?

It was something along the lines of ‘why doesn’t the mass of the boiled carrot increase?’. It basically came after a question about the osmosis Practical, they replaced the potato cylinders in the practical with freaking carrots! It’s conpletely outrageous!
Reply 78
Original post by AT-2001
It was something along the lines of ‘why doesn’t the mass of the boiled carrot increase?’. It basically came after a question about the osmosis Practical, they replaced the potato cylinders in the practical with freaking carrots! It’s conpletely outrageous!

they replaced our osmosis one with eggs i think boiled carrots wouldve been a bit nicer

Quick Reply

Latest