The Student Room Group

AQA AS Maths (Old Spec) - Pure Core 1 MPC1 *RESIT* - 16 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone! I'm sure you will all do great :biggrin:
Good luck for your exam everyone - let’s hope they’re feeling kinder this year than last! :colondollar:
Original post by Protostar
Good luck for your exam everyone - let’s hope they’re feeling kinder this year than last! :colondollar:

Thanks. It was hard. The numbers were horrible.
Reply 43
Definitely easier than last year's paper. Annoying that we had to factorise difficult quadratics 2 times though. Messed up on part c of circles question and the translation question - although I nearly wrote down what I think was the right answer but time ran out.. I think this paper was the 2nd hardest AQA C1 paper to date. It was funny how I predicted they'd put a completing the square question with a 2x^2 coefficient and how they'd use a trapezium for the optimisation question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MKaur18
Thanks. It was hard. The numbers were horrible.

not if you did them correctly! :smile:
Reply 45
What do you mean correctly? I managed to factorise them pretty easily anyway; the numbers came into my head quickly as I thought of the factors of those numbers.
Original post by omni99
What do you mean correctly? I managed to factorise them pretty easily anyway; the numbers came into my head quickly as I thought of the factors of those numbers.

Well I didn't even realise the last factorising question was even in the picture! Very simple factorisation.
Some of the other questions had many fractions which could be considered hard but they simplified down nicely.
C1 is very generous with marks though so as long as you've done the method correctly I'm sure you've done ok!
:smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Nuttyy
Focus less on essays and more on circles ya cuck

calm down you poof
(edited 5 years ago)
37/4, 131/4

Ring any bells? Lol
Reply 49
Original post by MajorFader
37/4, 131/4

Ring any bells? Lol

For the integration question? Yup that's what I got.
Reply 50
Original post by TheKING1986
Well I didn't even realise the last factorising question was even in the picture! Very simple factorisation.
Some of the other questions had many fractions which could be considered hard but they simplified down nicely.
C1 is very generous with marks though so as long as you've done the method correctly I'm sure you've done ok!
:smile:

I think with the simultaneous equations question you had to substitute x=-1/3 and with the surds question there were rational numbers so there's that.
Original post by omni99
For the integration question? Yup that's what I got.

I think AQA gave us scary fractions because everyone who sat this C1 exam was resitting and had done A2 maths. But what they failed to realise is that, A2 maths is Predominantly calculator.

Some of my friends thought they didn’t do as good...sad
Reply 52
Really didn't like that paper ;(

For some reason in the simultaneous equations part (Q2) I got something like ?/46 I think; anyone else get anything similar? Also, what did people get on Q1?
(edited 5 years ago)
Utter utter load of shi. I am now being told that I messed up question 1 and 7
Did anyone get 14x+6 for the perimeter on the last question?
Original post by JJWood

For some reason in the simultaneous equations part (Q2) I got something like ?/46 I think; anyone else get anything similar?

Yh I think I got 69/46 which simplified to 3/2.
Reply 56
yeah there were some funny numbers to work with in that one

Original post by JJWood

For some reason in the simultaneous equations part (Q2) I got something like ?/46 I think; anyone else get anything similar?

yeah same i think? quite ridiculous to be honest
Reply 57
Original post by JJWood

It was 69/46 which could be cancelled down to 3/2 I think but I don't have the best memory so idk tbh LOL.
Reply 58
Original post by JJWood

For some reason in the simultaneous equations part (Q2) I got something like ?/46 I think; anyone else get anything similar? Also, what did people get on Q1?

I got that for the coordinates of S! Negative something over 46 I think it was 69 or something! Couldn’t simplify it though!
kept getting confused on the circles question!! got it soo wrong and then once the exam was over i done it and got it all correct. words cant describe how gutted i am! how did i even run out of time i dont understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending