The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS MATHS NEW SPEC PURE AND MECHANICS H630/1 - 16th May 2018

This is the official discussion page. First of all lets talk predicted topics.

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Maths Exams :smile:
Reply 2
Tommorow is the Exam!!!!!!!!!!. What is everyone doing?
Ugh i'm so nervous for the mechanics questions!
Reply 4
Original post by Osssobear
Ugh i'm so nervous for the mechanics questions!

Im so nervous. One tiny mistake can mess up the whole question.
Reply 5
Come on Make this trending.
Any ideas of even approximate/percentage based grade boundaries lads? Hoping for a slick 55% for an A but in reality is it something like 80%?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Kingof42ndStreet
Any ideas of even approximate/percentage based grade boundaries lads? Hoping for a slick 55% for an A but in reality is it something like 80%?

I think 70 percent will be an A and then every 10 percent going down is one grade down.
Original post by lionike123
I think 70 percent will be an A and then every 10 percent going down is one grade down.

Sounds sexy, here's hoping
That exam was horrific
Original post by Chloet5827
That exam was horrific

Holy crap I remember you from GCSEs

And yes, yes it was.
Original post by Tygasga
Holy crap I remember you from GCSEs

And yes, yes it was.

Haha yes 😂 and the only question I could do was question 1 the surds one and question 2 the binomial distribution and 3 for which I got a=-4 and b=12 which is what my friends got too. I missed loads of the others out or I just wrote nonsense for the sake of writing something the questions were so difficult and none of the past papers before have been anything like it. The stats paper best had be easy otherwise I’m going to fail
I did the edexcel version of that exam today, it was diffucult and had things we hadn't even learnt but they expected us to simply figure it out with logic. I revised a bunch and I got 92 marks in the mock test which was 1 week before this exam I did today, but for the real exam I did today, I will suprised if I got 40 marks out of 100, that's how diffucult it was for me atleast. if everyone found it hard then hopefully grade boundaries will be stupidly low
Original post by WereWolf_Engine
I did the edexcel version of that exam today, it was diffucult and had things we hadn't even learnt but they expected us to simply figure it out with logic. I revised a bunch and I got 92 marks in the mock test which was 1 week before this exam I did today, but for the real exam I did today, I will suprised if I got 40 marks out of 100, that's how diffucult it was for me atleast. if everyone found it hard then hopefully grade boundaries will be stupidly low

OCR Mei was the hardest exam I have ever ever and probably will ever sit in my life. I don’t even think I got 20 out of 70
This exam was so ****ing hard. What was that curve integration question. Did anyone get like 1.22N for the friction of the boat.
Original post by Chloet5827
Haha yes 😂 and the only question I could do was question 1 the surds one and question 2 the binomial distribution and 3 for which I got a=-4 and b=12 which is what my friends got too. I missed loads of the others out or I just wrote nonsense for the sake of writing something the questions were so difficult and none of the past papers before have been anything like it. The stats paper best had be easy otherwise I’m going to fail

LMAO OCR MEI PURE AND MECHANICS WAS ****ING HARD. They ****ing gave us a curve and told us to find the finite region of the curve. No one couldnt find the equation of the curve because when you find the curve and substitute 0 into it it is gives us -2 as the intercept and in the question it says -4 as the intercept. You know the third question the one where they give us f1 f2 and f3 you just make it all add up to zero and find a and b right.
What did Everyone get for the friction of the boat. I got -1.25ms-2 for acceleration and then my friction for the boat was 1.2 something.
Okay so first of all I didn’t have a clue with that boat question and I didn’t get an answer or even 1 mark so ur not alone 😂😂 and yeah that curve question ur right I kept getting -2 as the y intercept when it’s minus 4 but then I did something and ended up getting 3/2 as the area but I don’t think that’s right. The exam was sooo difficult I swear it was nothing like past papers and literally every question was impossible apart from the first 3. And yeah for 3 i did f1 + f2 = f3 and just figured out what a and b was using just general equation rules I think it was something like a = -4 and b= 12 is what I got. I got none of the mechanics right and I could hardly attempt any of them, that test was impossible
For the Logarithm question the equation was Y=AX^b. Then for the next question you just ln both sides and then you get the equation in ln form. Then the 4 significant figures was meant to be like an e.g 5.434 that is 4 significant figures. Then to find gradient you just do the change in y over change in x, The Question about the curves C1 AND C2 you need to differentiate first equation plot zero into gradient function and it should have gave you -4 as the gradient. Then you do y-1=-4(x-0). That is the equation of the tangent. Then you need to make that equation equal to the curve C2 and then you do discriminant.
Original post by lionike123
For the Logarithm question the equation was Y=AX^b. Then for the next question you just ln both sides and then you get the equation in ln form. Then the 4 significant figures was meant to be like an e.g 5.434 that is 4 significant figures. Then to find gradient you just do the change in y over change in x, The Question about the curves C1 AND C2 you need to differentiate first equation plot zero into gradient function and it should have gave you -4 as the gradient. Then you do y-1=-4(x-0). That is the equation of the tangent. Then you need to make that equation equal to the curve C2 and then you do discriminant.

I didn’t get any of question 11 literally none of it. For C1 I did the whole differentiating thing and got the gradient but then got stuck lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending