The Student Room Group

How Old Is Too Old To Go On Holiday With Parents?

How old is too old to go on holiday with your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Never! Just enjoy holidays with them whilst it lasts. Dont want to regret it when your older
My mum is 54 and she still goes on holidays with her parents.
Reply 3
Its not about your age buddy, its about spending family time together. So your age is completely irrelevant.
Reply 4
Going on holiday with your parents is a great thing to do to spend time with them. This may sound sad, but they may go one day and you will appriciate the time you spent with them, and this feeling will only get stronger as you get older.
21-22
Reply 6
Original post by lalalalalalamember

Depends who's paying. :wink:
Never too old for a free holiday.

Seriously it kinda depends on your relationship more than anything. Like if you and your parents kinda tend to clash then it may not go too well. If you get along well, enjoy the same sort of stuff and can plan things together without maps being torn in half then go for it!
80+
Nobody's too old for a family vacay, darling :talkhand:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
80+

They be dead when I be 80 yo...
Reply 10
When they're dead.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
They be dead when I be 80 yo...

hmmmm how you know boi?
hmmmm how you know boi?

p(parents live on to be greater than 115) < 0.000000001
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
p(parents live on to be greater than 115) < 0.000000001

They could be 96 when you 80 yuno
There is no age too old if you enjoy it with your parents then go - who cares what other people think?
They could be 96 when you 80 yuno

But they could not, my parents did not conceive me when either of them were 16 :laugh:

It's never too old. If you get on with them, enjoy the time you have together. I would give anything to be able to go on holiday with my Dad again, who's sadly no longer with us.

I dont think you can put an age on it! Just go away with who you want to go away with at that time and go from there i think!! Why? Do you not want to go away with yours? How old are you?
Sophia :smile:
16-18, 16 maybe justified because some hotels won't all under 18s but once you're 18 or over it probably starts to look a bit odd. I stopped going at 15, 14 and I thought that was pushing it. I saw this dude go on holiday with his parents, he was like 21 years old, like how sad can you get lol. Imagine being that age and still going with your mummy and daddy to a little vacation 🤣
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd say it becomes kind of intolerable around 15-16, maybe later if its an active holiday or some such, and becomes tolerable again once you're about 21-23. Certainly once you have kids yourself, multi-generational holidays are great.

Quick Reply

Latest