The Student Room Group

National 5 French 2017-18

Bonjour!

Welcome to the Nat 5 French thread. How is everyone finding French? I'm personally finding it quite easy, and I really enjoy it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefbear
Bonjour!

Welcome to the Nat 5 French thread. How is everyone finding French? I'm personally finding it quite easy, and I really enjoy it.

Thanks for making this thread :smile:

Just giving this a bump so we can try and find anyone else doing National 5 French this year :smile:
Now it's almost exactly two weeks until the N5 French exam how's everyone feeling? How's revision going - what do you think the unpredictable bullet points will be in the writing?
Last year's paper was easy :frown: that means that this year's will be very difficult! I'm really worried about it ahhh!
Reply 4
Original post by gabriellax123
Last year's paper was easy :frown: that means that this year's will be very difficult! I'm really worried about it ahhh!

That may be true but the SQA had probably aknowleged that too as a C last year was somewhere round 57-8% compared to previous years which was near 50-51%. So if I and my other fellow warriors who will be sitting French this year get an easy paper just like in last years, then we should expect the same grade boundaries just like in 2017. Good luck guys!
Reply 5
I couldn’t find a n5 French discussion so here it is we’ll discuss the exam as well after we’re finished tomorrow.
Reply 6
How’s everyone feeling for tomorrow?
Can't believe there was never a nat 5 French thread lol. Just trying to perfect my writing and maybe revise basic things for listening e.g. months, days, numbers etc. I predict its on healthy food
I need 25 marks out of the 50 between the reading and listening for an A, but i suck at listening so if anyone has any predictions for the 2 listenings please say lol, also thanks for the healthy food prediction lol i hated that topic. its my birthday too tomorrow so i hope i get some birthday luck
Reply 9
Original post by abigail-ww
Can't believe there was never a nat 5 French thread lol. Just trying to perfect my writing and maybe revise basic things for listening e.g. months, days, numbers etc. I predict its on healthy food

Hoping that 2 good surprise points will come up hopefully easy ones 🙏
Reply 10
Original post by Unknow123321
I need 25 marks out of the 50 between the reading and listening for an A, but i suck at listening so if anyone has any predictions for the 2 listenings please say lol, also thanks for the healthy food prediction lol i hated that topic. its my birthday too tomorrow so i hope i get some birthday luck

I’m predicting sport will come up in listening asking with the holidays topic 👍
I’ve done my listening, reading and speaking only have writing left
Original post by m.maevaa
I’ve done my listening, reading and speaking only have writing left
How can you have done listening? They don't let others do it early in case they share answers
Original post by abigail-ww
How can you have done listening? They don't let others do it early in case they share answers

Meant AQA didn’t readddd the thing
im aiming for getting high in the reading and just a few marks in listening, i have my writing prepared and my teacher has said as long as i ATTEMPT the unpredictable points i should get 20/20
Reply 15
im aiming for getting high in the reading and just a few marks in listening, i have my writing prepared and my teacher has said as long as i ATTEMPT the unpredictable points i should get 20/20

Same here hope the reading good and easy
The reading is not normally a problem as you get a dictionary and have way too much time, my worry is the listening which can be near impossible sometimes.
Reply 17

Hope the readings easy
as long as i can get around 20-25 in my reading i think ill be all good
Reply 19
I predict it’ll be harder because last years was too easy and an A was 77%. Hope they don’t make it too hard though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending