The Student Room Group

GCSE foundation chemistry exam (edexcel)

HELP! first chemistry exam tomorrow morning and i can't remember a single thing! I've been revising for the past four hours but my brain just isn't working.
anyone else panicking?
Original post by Elizabethboo
HELP! first chemistry exam tomorrow morning and i can't remember a single thing! I've been revising for the past four hours but my brain just isn't working.
anyone else panicking?

I'm doing the doing the same paper tomorrow.
What method of revision are you using?
maybe try watching summary videos on youtube
anyone else panicking?

Im panicking too but I had my last science class today. Ik the topics that will definitely come up in the paper. Distillation, fractional distillation, chromatography, mixtures, I cant remember what this is called but it’s to do with gas liquids and solids, another is also things like electrons, neutrons and protons (what charges they have etc) also word and symbol equations, idk this one very well myself but it’s to do with the outer shells and ****. I can help u with how to tell what the atomic mass and atomic number is of an element. I can also help to say how many outer shells it has and what group it’s in. Unless u already know that :tongue:
Original post by jordanb-h
I'm doing the doing the same paper tomorrow.
What method of revision are you using?
maybe try watching summary videos on youtube

I've mostly been using flash cards but i think my brains reached maximum capacity of information and is just neglecting to retain anything.
ive been revising since that *****y biology exam but not one bit has stayed in my head
Original post by Laura0905
Im panicking too but I had my last science class today. Ik the topics that will definitely come up in the paper. Distillation, fractional distillation, chromatography, mixtures, I cant remember what this is called but it’s to do with gas liquids and solids, another is also things like electrons, neutrons and protons (what charges they have etc) also word and symbol equations, idk this one very well myself but it’s to do with the outer shells and ****. I can help u with how to tell what the atomic mass and atomic number is of an element. I can also help to say how many outer shells it has and what group it’s in. Unless u already know that :tongue:
Thank you i have my textbook in front of me now so i'll get straight to going over these again.
Thank you i have my textbook in front of me now so i'll get straight to going over these again.

No problem. At least you know the main things that will come up. I’m so bad at chemistry, it just goes in one ear and out the other XD. Don’t forget though, this isn’t the last exam, you can boost up your marks in the other papers. Good luck for the exam x I gotta sleep cause I’m revising in the morning before I go into the exam 😂 best to do some in the morning cause it’s fresh in ur head
Original post by Laura0905
No problem. At least you know the main things that will come up. I’m so bad at chemistry, it just goes in one ear and out the other XD. Don’t forget though, this isn’t the last exam, you can boost up your marks in the other papers. Good luck for the exam x I gotta sleep cause I’m revising in the morning before I go into the exam 😂 best to do some in the morning cause it’s fresh in ur head

Omg I almost forgot. Another thing that is good to learn just in case is the reactivity series. So I remember it like this Please Stop Calling My Amazing Cool Zebra In History Class She Growls. So that’s Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, aluminium , carbon, zinc, iron, hydrogen, copper, silver and gold. Potassium is most reactive and good is least reactive. It goes from highest to lowest in the order I’ve written it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8

Quick Reply

Latest