The Student Room Group

AQA AS Media Studies MEST 1 May 2018 (Old spec)

Anyone doing the resit for this?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Yes I’m sitting this paper as a resit
Reply 3
Original post by annzsimmz
Yes I’m sitting this paper as a resit

What are your case studies for section B?
I'm re-sitting too. Using Rampage as a case study.
Reply 5
Original post by coreylhughes
I'm re-sitting too. Using Rampage as a case study.

Only one product? I was confused at this because my school told me I need three products because it's 'cross-media' but I thought that meant covering one topic and how it's covered across e-media, broadcast and print forms
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mahel
Only one product? I was confused at this because my school told me I need three products because it's 'cross-media' but I thought that meant covering one topic and how it's covered across e-media, broadcast and print forms

We've been told that the question is about one product and how it is promoted across three media platforms. You can of course use similar products to further add to your point- however, the main core of the essay revolves around your chosen product.
Reply 7
Original post by coreylhughes
We've been told that the question is about one product and how it is promoted across three media platforms. You can of course use similar products to further add to your point- however, the main core of the essay revolves around your chosen product.

I'm confused because my textbook says three texts whereas one powerpoint on my school drive says two texts, a blog on the internet from a media teacher says two texts, other powerpoints say three and you're saying one
Original post by Mahel
What are your case studies for section B?

Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Jurassic World and The Dark Knight
Reply 9
Original post by annzsimmz
Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Jurassic World and The Dark Knight

How did you find the paper and did you pick Q5 or Q6?
Original post by Mahel

Hi I did Question 5 and for my case study I did Black Panther, Wonder Woman and the Lego Batman Movie.

I got a C last year but I need an A. I'm worried I didn't do well enough section A wasn't great.

I'm stressed for A2 swell
Reply 11
Original post by graceflower4747
Hi I did Question 5 and for my case study I did Black Panther, Wonder Woman and the Lego Batman Movie.

I got a C last year but I need an A. I'm worried I didn't do well enough section A wasn't great.

I'm stressed for A2 swell

I also did Question 5

I need a B and definitely got it seeing it's only 45/80 for me, but want an A which is 63/80 for me - not sure if I got that high or not though

A2 I'm not looking forward to Section A but Section B should be alright
Original post by Mahel

I answered Q5, the paper was okay but I know that I kinda flopped it.

Quick Reply

Latest