The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Triple Chemistry Higher Paper 2018

How did everyone find the paper? Personally I felt that it was quite difficult was this just me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Namakii
How did everyone find the paper? Personally I felt that it was quite difficult was this just me?

the maths in it was quite difficult, the six markers were fine tho
In the spec they said we didn't have to learn stuff about Chadwick's discoveries.....uh, AQA?! What were they playing at?
Reply 3
Original post by harry280502
the maths in it was quite difficult, the six markers were fine tho

Yeah, I think the six markers were okay but I didn't expect the amount of topic 3 maths questions. Do you think the grade boundaries will be okay?
Reply 4
Original post by saxophonemma
In the spec they said we didn't have to learn stuff about Chadwick's discoveries.....uh, AQA?! What were they playing at?

Yeah I know what you mean the only thing I really knew was that he was partly responsible for the discovery of neutrons
Reply 5
Quantitative chemistry is my fav. unit so I was glad those questions were... in abundance?I missed out crystallisation when i was doing revision but i could remember there was a dish involved. I ended up writing about how magnesium is cultured in agar jelly in a petri dish xD.YIKES
Original post by Namakii
Yeah, I think the six markers were okay but I didn't expect the amount of topic 3 maths questions. Do you think the grade boundaries will be okay?

i think they will be quite low as it is the first year but it wasnt a really hard test. im not even sure tbh
Reply 7
Original post by busterw
Quantitative chemistry is my fav. unit so I was glad those questions were... in abundance?I missed out crystallisation when i was doing revision but i could remember there was a dish involved. I ended up writing about how magnesium is cultured in agar jelly in a petri dish xD.YIKES

Ahhh, quantitative chemistry confuses me so much xD that's the main reason why I'm so worried.
Original post by Namakii

I wouldn’t say it was super hard but yea challenging
Reply 9
i think they will be quite low as it is the first year but it wasnt a really hard test. im not even sure tbh

Well fingers crossed then.
Original post by mathschemistry
I thought there were a few hard questions but I'm mainly kicking myself about not dividing the concentration question at the end by 2. What questions did you find particularly difficult?

I did the same, how many marks will we lose?
Reply 11
I thought there were a few hard questions but I'm mainly kicking myself about not dividing the concentration question at the end by 2. What questions did you find particularly difficult?

Well it's mainly the fact that I'm not good at quantitative chemistry and that it featured on the exam so heavily.
Original post by llortegarevaru
I did the same, how many marks will we lose?

If we've done all the method properly then I'd say only about 1 or 2
Original post by Namakii
Yeah I know what you mean the only thing I really knew was that he was partly responsible for the discovery of neutrons

All ya needed to say was he found that atoms contained a neutral charge in an atom and he named it neutrons he also found it was located in the nucleus of an atom with protons.

They should be low around 23-25 marks for a level 5 as it was pretty difficult, and like you said first year of new spec.

why did u hav to divide by 2 and wat was your final answer? and Was this the titration question?
Reply 16
Hey, what did you guys get for the very last question about the mass of sodium hydroxide I think. I got 0.125g but everyone I asked said they got 0.126?
Reply 17
Okay apart from the fact that I forgot about the existence of titrations πŸ™ƒ also do yall know how many marks that pH question was I wrote 1 when it’s 5 😐
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by 5000yellow
They should be low around 23-25 marks for a level 5 as it was pretty difficult, and like you said first year of new spec.

Based on this what do you think 9/8/7 will be? Sorry just want to know what people think
Reply 19
Original post by baffed
Okay apart fro mother fact that I forgot about the existence of titrations πŸ™ƒ also do yall know how many marks that pH question was I wrote 1 when it’s 5 😐

Only think it was one or two may be wrong tho. Yeah there's a bit of a debate about the answer in my school.

Quick Reply

Latest