The Student Room Group

Aqa AS Psychology paper 1!

Hi guys. Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow’s AQA AS Psychology paper 1? If you do, it will be really helpful if you mention anything below.

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by k.owsar
Hi guys. Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow’s AQA AS Psychology paper 1? If you do, it will be really helpful if you mention anything below.

Thank you.

Hey. I think the role of the father or cutural variations may come up as a 12 marker in attachment, as for social influence perhaps zimbardo and conformity to social roles. good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by jlak
Hey. I think the role of the father or cutural variations may come up as a 12 marker in attachment, as for social influence perhaps zimbardo and conformity to social roles. good luck!

Hi. Thank you so much. I had an inkling that might come up. Are you doing the exam too? And good luck to you too!
Reply 3
Original post by k.owsar
Hi. Thank you so much. I had an inkling that might come up. Are you doing the exam too? And good luck to you too!

Yes! I found it pretty decent overall, I was super happy with the zimbardo and cognitive interview 8 markers, but absoutely hated the cultural variation 12 marker and rm questions! How did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by k.owsar
I found it ok too. Yes I was so happy when I saw the Zimbardo and cognitive interview but I seemed to miss out on one of the cognitive interview steps but overall I was happy with it. I enjoyed the cultural variation question because I prepared for it but the RM questions were the death of me! Now we just have to prepare ourselves for paper 2. Your predictions were quite accurate. Any predictions for paper 2?

Original post by jlak
Yes! I found it pretty decent overall, I was super happy with the zimbardo and cognitive interview 8 markers, but absoutely hated the cultural variation 12 marker and rm questions! How did you find it?

I found it ok too. Yes I was so happy when I saw the Zimbardo and cognitive interview but I seemed to miss out on one of the cognitive interview steps but overall I was happy with it. I enjoyed the cultural variation question because I prepared for it but the RM questions were the death of me! Now we just have to prepare ourselves for paper 2. Your predictions were quite accurate. Any predictions for paper 2?
Reply 5
Original post by k.owsar

Great! It sounds like you did good! For paper 2, in Psychopathology, I'm thinking the cognitive approach to explaining and treating depression, or the biologicacal approach to explaning and treating OCD as a 12 marker. As for approches+biopsych perhaps social learning theory, the behaviourist approach, or the fight or flight response. And ofcourse with RM who knows haha! Let me know how you find it! X
Reply 6
Original post by jlak
Great! It sounds like you did good! For paper 2, in Psychopathology, I'm thinking the cognitive approach to explaining and treating depression, or the biologicacal approach to explaning and treating OCD as a 12 marker. As for approches+biopsych perhaps social learning theory, the behaviourist approach, or the fight or flight response. And ofcourse with RM who knows haha! Let me know how you find it! X

How did you find paper 2 then? Personally, I enjoyed paper 2 than the first one. I feel like I was prepared for paper 2 and thanks to you and your predictions I revised most of the stuff on that paper. But the sign test question was confusing! I just talked about the sign values and critical values etc. The Pavlov question put me off but I talked about classical conditioning and the dogs etc.
Reply 7
Hey! I found paper 2 much better than paper 1 too! I was more prepared and my predictions were quite accurate!! Personally my favourite questions were the Pavlov one and the cognitive approach to explaining depression. And same here! I didn’t like the sign test question because it was just really confusing but research methods was better than I expected. Abit disappointed at the lack of biopsych in the paper as I spent hours learning it! I really enjoyed the paper though! What other a levels do you do?
Reply 8
Original post by jlak
Hey! I found paper 2 much better than paper 1 too! I was more prepared and my predictions were quite accurate!! Personally my favourite questions were the Pavlov one and the cognitive approach to explaining depression. And same here! I didn’t like the sign test question because it was just really confusing but research methods was better than I expected. Abit disappointed at the lack of biopsych in the paper as I spent hours learning it! I really enjoyed the paper though! What other a levels do you do?

Yes you were right. Thank you for the predictions. RM was actually good. Did you do the graph and get a negative skew? Yes I spent so much time revising biopsychology and there wasn’t many questions on it however the glands question in the endocrine system was good I just talked about the pituitary gland and thyroid gland. My other a levels are: A-level English literature, A-level psychology, A-level history and Applied science. How about you?
Reply 9
Ah yes! I did get a negative skew! And yes!! I talked about the pituitary gland and the adrenal gland! And I do psychology, English literature and government and politics! I assume you’re sitting the OCR English lit exam tomorrow, what books and poetry do you do? - I do hamlet and Christina Rossetti love poetry. I’m genuinely baffled on what might come up!
Reply 10
Original post by jlak
Ah yes! I did get a negative skew! And yes!! I talked about the pituitary gland and the adrenal gland! And I do psychology, English literature and government and politics! I assume you’re sitting the OCR English lit exam tomorrow, what books and poetry do you do? - I do hamlet and Christina Rossetti love poetry. I’m genuinely baffled on what might come up!

Amazing! I think we both did well on this paper! That’s really good. Yes I’m sitting the OCR English literature paper on Coleridge poems and Hamlet too! I haven’t even revised for it yet! But I’m hoping to revise now and in the morning. Tbh I think for Hamlet it might be Ophelia as she has never come up before as a character question but for the theme question I have no idea. Hopefully it goes well!
Original post by k.owsar
Yes you were right. Thank you for the predictions. RM was actually good. Did you do the graph and get a negative skew? Yes I spent so much time revising biopsychology and there wasn’t many questions on it however the glands question in the endocrine system was good I just talked about the pituitary gland and thyroid gland. My other a levels are: A-level English literature, A-level psychology, A-level history and Applied science. How about you?

I do alevel English LangLit, Applied Science and Psychology! ;p
Reply 12
Same! I’ve finished up poetry but I’m stuck on what may come up for Hamlet! My teacher reckons it may be Ophelia, women, madness or family, so hopefully it should be okay - how have you found hamlet this year? Also be sure to let me know how the exam goes tomorrow! @k.owsar
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by TerribleGrades
I do alevel English LangLit, Applied Science and Psychology! ;p

Hi. That’s great! How did you find the psychology exams? Have you finished coursework for aqa applied science and do you also do exams for it?
Reply 14
Original post by jlak
Same! I’ve finished up poetry but I’m stuck on what may come up for Hamlet! My teacher reckons it may be Ophelia, women, madness or family, so hopefully it should be okay - how have you found hamlet this year? Also be sure to let me know how the exam goes tomorrow! @k.owsar

Yay Ophelia and her madness came up! What question did you do? Tbh I found the Coleridge poetry section hard! I didn’t revise that particular poem in detail! Hamlet this year has been very different. We had many different teachers who all had different views and teaching methods when they were teaching Hamlet. They would sometimes skip the most important acts because there was no time left! That was just frustrating so what I had to do was to teach myself and revise over Hamlet. How did you find Hamlet this year, yourself?
Reply 15
Yes! I chose the Ophelia question, I was so happy when I saw it! - and I did the Rossetti poetry section and I found that quite difficult as a poem I hadn’t really revised came up too, but it ended up being okay, so overall I’m moderately happy with how the exam went!
I’ve found Hamlet pretty good this year, It’s not my favourite book over the course but it’s been pretty interesting at times!
What books are you doing in next Wednesday’s exam? - I’m doing ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ and ‘A Streetcar Named Desire.’ Any ideas on what may come up if you do the same? @k.owsar
Original post by k.owsar
Hi. That’s great! How did you find the psychology exams? Have you finished coursework for aqa applied science and do you also do exams for it?

I'm in y13! my psychology exams are next month and yes I did exams for aqa applied science. ive completed the course actually, for science. anyway do you happen to remember which questions came up in AS paper 2 psych?
Reply 17
Original post by jlak
Yes! I chose the Ophelia question, I was so happy when I saw it! - and I did the Rossetti poetry section and I found that quite difficult as a poem I hadn’t really revised came up too, but it ended up being okay, so overall I’m moderately happy with how the exam went!
I’ve found Hamlet pretty good this year, It’s not my favourite book over the course but it’s been pretty interesting at times!
What books are you doing in next Wednesday’s exam? - I’m doing ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ and ‘A Streetcar Named Desire.’ Any ideas on what may come up if you do the same? @k.owsar

Well done! Poems are sometimes difficult and I was thinking to myself yeah AQA are horrible and would just drop a random poem you haven’t revised properly on you. Hamlet is such a long text and it is sometimes difficult to enjoy but it’s a good play. Next week I am doing complete different texts to you; “the history boys”- favourite text because it’s recurring themes of education, sexuality, women which is simple to talk about, “1984”- this book is such a great read even if you are not doing it for the course but it’s so long. How do you revise the texts you have mentioned? Like, what’s your go to method to remember the key information?
Reply 18
Original post by TerribleGrades
I'm in y13! my psychology exams are next month and yes I did exams for aqa applied science. ive completed the course actually, for science. anyway do you happen to remember which questions came up in AS paper 2 psych?

How were the exams? I need tips for applied science I’m struggling with the exams because there is so much stuff to know and it’s all chemistry, physics, biology. I am hoping to drop it next year but I’m not sure. I want to get a good grade out of it. For AS paper 2, it was personally a better paper than the first and the stuff that came up were; Pavlov (behaviourist Approach) 8 marks, drugs that can be used to treat OCD, 12 marker on cognitive Approach to explaining depression, Wundt’s role in the emergence of science, behavioural/emotional/cognitive characteristics of phobias as 2 markers, sign test question, drawing a scatter graph for 4 marks, covert observation in a STEM question, glands in the endocrine system for 4 marks, stratified sampling in improving the study, improving a matched pairs design, quantitative and qualitative data question (why is quantitative better), mode and the median from a table etc. That’s all I remember!
Original post by k.owsar
How were the exams? I need tips for applied science I’m struggling with the exams because there is so much stuff to know and it’s all chemistry, physics, biology. I am hoping to drop it next year but I’m not sure. I want to get a good grade out of it. For AS paper 2, it was personally a better paper than the first and the stuff that came up were; Pavlov (behaviourist Approach) 8 marks, drugs that can be used to treat OCD, 12 marker on cognitive Approach to explaining depression, Wundt’s role in the emergence of science, behavioural/emotional/cognitive characteristics of phobias as 2 markers, sign test question, drawing a scatter graph for 4 marks, covert observation in a STEM question, glands in the endocrine system for 4 marks, stratified sampling in improving the study, improving a matched pairs design, quantitative and qualitative data question (why is quantitative better), mode and the median from a table etc. That’s all I remember!

thanks. which unit for applied science do you need help with? coursework or exams? I have a lot of resources for Unit 1 and unit 4 ^^
yeah applied science is so hard, especially y13 stuff.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending