The Student Room Group

Stuck on a 2:1 Should I be worried!?!?

Im consistenly scoring 2:1's on coursework (first year) but cant seem to push any higher...

Does this mean i will progress to getting 2:2s in the tougher second year?

Or what can i do to push higher...i want firsts!!!

Any ideas?
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Im consistenly scoring 2:1's on coursework (first year) but cant seem to push any higher...

Does this mean i will progress to getting 2:2s in the tougher second year?

Or what can i do to push higher...i want firsts!!!

Any ideas?

No. You naturally tend to get better as you do more essays and get the hang of them, so getting 2:1s in first year is a good place to be.
I don't particularly buy that second year is harder, re level 4 to level 5. Never saw any increase in difficulty through the years.

As above, you tend to perform better as you become more comfortable with completing assignments. If you want to do better, read more articles to learn how to write academically as well source the arguments to use in your essays. Have a thought: will read more than everyone else to get a higher grade than everyone else.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
I don't particularly buy that second year is harder, re level 4 to level 5. Never saw any increase in difficulty through the years.

As above, you tend to perform better as you become more comfortable with completing assignments.

It is annoying though...i mean very first assignment i got a 45 and would have killed for 60ish, but my highest has been 67..the last three are stuck im that range 62-67 and now i guess ive decided it isnt exciting anymore.
It is annoying though...i mean very first assignment i got a 45 and would have killed for 60ish, but my highest has been 67..the last three are stuck im that range 62-67 and now i guess ive decided it isnt exciting anymore.

Yeah, for a long time I was stuck at 68. Just have to refine your arguments and become a little smoother/more critical.
If i can't get firsts in first year...what does that say about my future lol. Im likely overthinking this, but i am very mark greedy and dont enjoy being average...even though my ability level is around there. Maybe its the German in me (perfectionism is one of our cultural ills).
Yeah, for a long time I was stuck at 68. Just have to refine your arguments and become a little smoother/more critical.

I'll need to figure something out, that adrenaline rush i got from my first 2:1 has wore off, now i need a higher fix!! :smile: grades can make you oddly happy and of course deeply sad. Even though they dont really say much lol.
I'll need to figure something out, that adrenaline rush i got from my first 2:1 has wore off, now i need a higher fix!! :smile: grades can make you oddly happy and of course deeply sad. Even though they dont really say much lol.

Can't say I ever gave two shites. When I started to do well, it was solely because I enjoyed what I was reading and knew I was saying something novel and legitimately academic. Rather than parroting what some other donkey said.
(edited 5 years ago)
Can't say I ever gave two shites. When I started to do well, it was solely because I enjoyed what I was reading and knew I was saying something novel and legitimately academic. Rather than parroting what some other donkey said.

Good advice...maybe i need to think outside the box more when i do assignments, of course while staying relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending