The Student Room Group

CIE as level History Paper 2

Did anyone take cie a level history paper 2 this morning??? How did you find it??
I did! Which option did you take? I did European option and felt pretty ok about it tbh (well fingers crossed!)
Reply 2
I took the European option too! I thought 1a) was kind of hard and I struggled finishing the exam in time but overall ok I
hope
Reply 3
Original post by patti.ig
I took the European option too! I thought 1a) was kind of hard and I struggled finishing the exam in time but overall ok I
hope

ahh you did the French Rev too?? I thought the question on Napoleon for 1b was quite good tho spent way too long on it. Yeah, 1a threw me a bit but i think it went okay. What other question did you do? There was so not enough time for that exam..i didnt have time to finish my last question
Reply 4
Original post by ChickenRun
I did! Which option did you take? I did European option and felt pretty ok about it tbh (well fingers crossed!)

Yep i did Europe too..i did the French Revolution and WW1, wbu??
Reply 5
I did the one on ww1 and didn’t finish either. Definetly not enough time ugh😞
Reply 6
Original post by bellyyyy
ahh you did the French Rev too?? I thought the question on Napoleon for 1b was quite good tho spent way too long on it. Yeah, 1a threw me a bit but i think it went okay. What other question did you do? There was so not enough time for that exam..i didnt have time to finish my last question

Forgot to tag u in my reply ahah
Reply 7
Forgot to tag u in my reply ahah

Hopefully it wont make too much of a difference!! its so unfair they expect you to be able to write good answers to all those questions but yet give you no time at all! Are yo doing papers 3 and 4??
Reply 8
Hopefully it wont make too much of a difference!! its so unfair they expect you to be able to write good answers to all those questions but yet give you no time at all! Are yo doing papers 3 and 4??

I am, next year. Are you doing them this year??
Reply 9
I am, next year. Are you doing them this year??

Yepp..paper 3 is on Tuesday
yepp..paper 3 is on tuesday

😱 good luck!!👍🏼
Yup, I did french revolution and WW1 too!

Yep i did Europe too..i did the French Revolution and WW1, wbu??
Reply 12
Yup, I did french revolution and WW1 too!

Ahh cool! are you doing papers 3 and 4?? I have paper 3 on Tuesday on the Cold War!
Ahh cool! are you doing papers 3 and 4?? I have paper 3 on Tuesday on the Cold War!

Yep, I'm doing cold war too for Paper 3! Essay practicing like mad at the moment haha - What are you doing for paper 4?
Reply 14
Yep, I'm doing cold war too for Paper 3! Essay practicing like mad at the moment haha - What are you doing for paper 4?

Yeah Paper 3 is so different! Whats your essay structure like? Im doing Mussolini and Lenin under European Dictators for Paper 4, you??
Yeah Paper 3 is so different! Whats your essay structure like? Im doing Mussolini and Lenin under European Dictators for Paper 4, you??

Same again! European dictators, Lenin and Mussolini!

For Paper 3, I put 3 points in the introduction, keeping it short and concise, stating the evidence of the historian taking this perspective etc, then a paragraph for each point with evidence in quotes from the source etc, then in the conclusion basically reiterate the introduction but state why it cannot be any other conclusion than this perspective (Thats one of the points in the mark scheme for the top band of marks). That seems to have been a pretty good framework to work with so far!

This was my intro for my better essays that got pretty good marks if this helps!

The historian takes the approach of a traditionalist, placing the blame for the Cold War upon Russia. Soviet leadership in the post war period attempted to take advantage of the dire post-war situation in Europe, suspicions of the Capitalist nations dominated their decisions and their Marxist beliefs caused the Soviets to view the situation as ‘revolutionary’, all of which contributed to Soviet fault in causing the Cold War.

Quick Reply

Latest