The Student Room Group

AQA French

How did you all find it? I personally found it quite easy but someone people in my class found it really hard.
Reply 1
It was really easy. Translation wasn’t my cup of tea though...
Original post by anynonymous2
How did you all find it? I personally found it quite easy but someone people in my class found it really hard.

I thought that it wasn't too bad even though I am awful at French.
Reply 3
It was alright, the translation wasn't too bad. I did questions 1.1 and 2.1, the money question wasn't too bad imo but ik a lot of people did the teacher question
Original post by Kev lad

Translation had many traps I feel but all in all it was much better than reading and listening which were ridiculously hard.
Original post by peeked
It was alright, the translation wasn't too bad. I did questions 1.1 and 2.1, the money question wasn't too bad imo but ik a lot of people did the teacher question

At first I misread the question and then I realised and I had to change the question. It happened with many people in my class.
Reply 6
Translation had many traps I feel but all in all it was much better than reading and listening which were ridiculously hard.

Really i found reading quiet easy.
But ye I agree listening as solid af same with reading translation
All of the AQA higher French I have found insanely easy
I think on the writing today I will have between 54/60 and 58/60, probably 57/60
Reply 8
At first I misread the question and then I realised and I had to change the question. It happened with many people in my class.

Change the question?
Original post by Kev lad

Haha same. French has always been one of my weakest subjects. I'm glad its all done and over with now to be honest.
I've acc done so crap :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Baza2002
All of the AQA higher French I have found insanely easy
I think on the writing today I will have between 54/60 and 58/60, probably 57/60

I think that's a bit too high, it wasn't too difficult but idk if the boundaries will be that high, I think 55/60 max but idk
Original post by peeked
I think that's a bit too high, it wasn't too difficult but idk if the boundaries will be that high, I think 55/60 max but idk

I was meaning that I think I will have got 55,56 or 57 - I wasn't talking about the grade boundaries.
Original post by peeked

Tbf in class for 150 words I got 31/32
So 55 v-good.
But yet again translation will bring your marks down massively.
Personally I think 52 max but yet again anything over 45 is 👌
Original post by hugebrain
I've acc done so crap :frown:

You probably haven't done as bad as you think. Just be positive and it should all be fine:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Baza2002
I was meaning that I think I will have got 55,56 or 57 - I wasn't talking about the grade boundaries.

Ohhhh okay, yeah I hope it's like 52 for a 9
Original post by peeked
Ohhhh okay, yeah I hope it's like 52 for a 9

Dunno actually though but you have to consider listening coz based on how hard it was, listening grade boundaries should be low af...
Reply 17
Original post by Kev lad
Dunno actually though but you have to consider listening coz based on how hard it was, listening grade boundaries should be low af...

Yeah true, the listening grade boundaries should be low

Quick Reply

Latest