The Student Room Group

IGCSE English language Paper Edexcel jan 2018

Hi,Anyone kindly help me from where to start preparation for exam. i dont know about course, Books and paper pattern.Please help :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I am doing the same IGCSE Course as you are, there are a few things I would suggest:
- Read the Edexcel Anthology Texts; critically analyse all of the texts before doing your exam as the exam Paper 1 will be base upon these anthology text.
- Register yourself on EDPlace; it is a online software and on there are many resources, worksheets (need to be completed online) and assessments online. To be honest the revision on this website have helped me a lot.
- Buy CGP English Language revision guides and exam guides.
Hi Suhail,
Thanks so much for replying. Actually I am a beginner. I have no idea about books and course. Could you please send me Link of Ed excel anthology, revision guide and exam guide and any stuff that would be helpful in paper. i shall be very grateful. thanks in advance. God bless you.
Thankyou so much Suhail. So i will have to do Anthology text (Specification A). And the questions in exam would be unseen from anthology? is it right?
and one more thing, will we have questions in both PAPER 1 and PAPER 2 From Anthology texts?
Reply 5
Paper 1 consists of : section A(unknown story or poem) , section B (a extract from anthology A) section C (creative writing)
Paper 2: section A( a anthology B extract) section B(creative writing)
What can I expect for the June 2018 anthology text?
How to prepare creative writing for igsce english language.
Reply 8
What are the topics that came for the paper this January?
Reply 9
Plz can any one recommend how to get full marks in a 30 mark question in paper 2
What are the topics that came up for the Jan 2018 paper? Would be great to use them as mocks. Private candidates can't use them. It's so annoying.
Reply 11
i reallyyy wanna kow tooooo
Reply 12
Original post by blueberries0
What are the topics that came up for the Jan 2018 paper? Would be great to use them as mocks. Private candidates can't use them. It's so annoying.

yooooo i found it if u still want it but its not letting me attach it sooo i can send on email?
Original post by nooneuk
yooooo i found it if u still want it but its not letting me attach it sooo i can send on email?

It's cool, I have it, but thanks for the reply :u:
Reply 14
It's cool, I have it, but thanks for the reply :u:

oh okay ^_^ anytime
Anyone have the language ?
Which anthology text do you guys think will come up june 2018??
No idea. I'm completely baffled re: how to use past exam papers for this. There are so many: Language A and B along different series that are still ongoing. It's as clear as mud!I just hope the poems don't come up. I hate poetry. What do you think?
No idea. I'm completely baffled re: how to use past exam papers for this. There are so many: Language A and B along different series that are still ongoing. It's as clear as mud!I just hope the poems don't come up. I hate poetry. What do you think?

we cant really use past papers because we are doing different specifications the only past papers we have is the one we do not have access to and sample assessments that we also do not have access to, teachers have them
I also want to know can u send it to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending