The Student Room Group

A-Level Film Studies - Any Film?

Just got a quick question.

One of the questions in the exams will be about two films of my own choice that I have studied in school. My teacher has chosen these random films that I do not like and do not get at all.

My question is:

If in the exam the question says "How does your films that you have studied showed emotional response?"

Could I not just make a film up in my head and make it fit into the question instead of doing the films I have studied or do the examiners actually watch and search up the film?
Original post by computerexam
Just got a quick question.

One of the questions in the exams will be about two films of my own choice that I have studied in school. My teacher has chosen these random films that I do not like and do not get at all.

My question is:

If in the exam the question says "How does your films that you have studied showed emotional response?"

Could I not just make a film up in my head and make it fit into the question instead of doing the films I have studied or do the examiners actually watch and search up the film?

You could make up a film, but if they havent heard of it then they are likely to google it and when they find it doesnt exist they will see you have made it up.
Original post by 999tigger
You could make up a film, but if they havent heard of it then they are likely to google it and when they find it doesnt exist they will see you have made it up.

I see, thank you.
I do Film Studies too, and it seems like one of the sections you are doing for your exam is one of mine too.

I despise all my films, but I wouldn't go against the films we have studied to use others. In my lessons we have analysed sequences so in depth that if I did any other film I probably wouldn't know it as well, even if it's a film I enjoy that I watch frequently.

The examiners are going to be film buffs who are going to know of every film ever made. Even if they haven't seen it, they will know of it. You are better keeping to the films you have studied. My Film Studies teacher is very nitpicky about the accuracy we discuss our sequences, so if you end up with someone like him as a examiner you will have issues.

Anyhow, if you struggle to grasp the films studied you should read up on them. Read reviews and plot explained things to give you a better idea. At the end of the day, you can get away with discussion of microelements with some questions. And it doesn't take knowing the film to notice when certain features are used to create emotional response.

Quick Reply

Latest