The Student Room Group

Does anyone listen to music when they revise? If so what type of music?

Like, pop, rock ,classical..?

Scroll to see replies

Mostly pop, but I do sometimes listen to instrumental covers.
Reply 2
Original post by FryOfTheMann
Mostly pop, but I do sometimes listen to instrumental covers.

Cool! Do you think it helps with your revision?
I listen to instrumental. But mainly pop music, some R&B, idk depends what I like.
Anime music , osts vocaloid.
And the whispers of my gentle waifu.
Depends on the type of revision.
Often I listen to the peaceful piano playlist on Spotify, or some other type of classical music that I like.
If I'm doing French work, I like to listen to French music. If I'm just doing vocab, then I often listen to music that I'm currently listening to just becuase vocab can get a bit tedious.
Someone also recommended using asmr rooms to revise which seems like a good idea
Reply 6
Original post by ohdearstudying
I listen to instrumental. But mainly pop music, some R&B, idk depends what I like.

Fair enough. Apparently classical music helps you concentrate so i might try that :smile:
guys listen to study music alpha waves. it really helps you concentrate. I find that music with words in it or a really catchy song distracts me as i then spend half the time dancing to it lol
[video="youtube;9-K8LUJfUaA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K8LUJfUaA[/video]
EDM
Original post by OhSoLucky

I usually listen to music with little/no words or a song in a different language.
Cool! Do you think it helps with your revision?

I must admit, I very rarely revise. However, I can't seem to concentrate or do work without music very well. So, I do think it helps.
Reply 12
Original post by anonymous69gcse
[video="youtube;9-K8LUJfUaA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K8LUJfUaA[/video]

Oh lord. xD
Fair enough. Apparently classical music helps you concentrate so i might try that :smile:

Popera is quite good!

ngl i listen to a lot of the eurovision instrumentals as they're just so well made. Lana del Rey is good too!
Reply 14
Original post by ohdearstudying
Popera is quite good!

ngl i listen to a lot of the eurovision instrumentals as they're just so well made. Lana del Rey is good too!

Cool, i'll check it out.
I listen to music unless I'm doing Something that I particularly want to focus on (I.e. If I'm doing a nice maths problem that I think will help me in future because I need to think). Otherwise I tend to just chose a random Spotify playlist and listen away: I don't usually have much preference- as long as the music isn't too dull or too loud I find that any music is fine.
Yes, Grime
Reply 17
Original post by psc---maths
I listen to music unless I'm doing Something that I particularly want to focus on (I.e. If I'm doing a nice maths problem that I think will help me in future because I need to think). Otherwise I tend to just chose a random Spotify playlist and listen away: I don't usually have much preference- as long as the music isn't too dull or too loud I find that any music is fine.

Yeah same for me.

I listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1pRzoKmJ8

Quick Reply

Latest